Apps crashing on launch after new 2.0 update - I have 4-5 apps opened, then whenever I try to launch another app, it crashes.

Don't remember if it did that with 1.0.7.

Anyone else witness that?

11-02-11 09:11 PM
    Probably running out of RAM. The beta OS seems a bit bloated.
    11-02-11 09:24 PM
    Apps crashing on launch after new 2.0 update - I have 4-5 apps opened, then whenever I try to launch another app, it crashes.

Don't remember if it did that with 1.0.7.

Anyone else witness that?

Yeah. He's right. Turn off the showcase feature and that will help a little

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 11:37 PM
    I have been having the same issue on mine. Mostly it has been the browser, but Facebook and YouTube have also been crashing.
    02-22-12 10:50 AM
    PlayBook's got 1 gb ram, but the OS consumes 500mb then you're left with 500mb to use so it again depends on the app and how much memory it consumes.

I don't think turning off showcase mode will help in this case, its mostly useful while you're Looking to save power.
    02-22-12 10:57 AM
    I've been playing with this today, too.

These devices don't have swap files. This is why some of us have been saying for a while that RIM's current approach to multitasking is quite naive. I can think of ways RIM can evolve this, at least for native apps. I guess I better not get into that discussion again, lest I upset the "our multitasking good. Other multitasking bad" orthodoxy around here.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 02-22-12 at 11:00 AM.
    02-22-12 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD