Most of the apps in App World are made for BB phones. Is there any way to filter the apps to show only those for the Playbook? Would phone apps work on the Playbook?
    04-07-11 02:03 AM
    I just type in "playbook" in the search bar and seems to filter to mostly PlayBook apps. On the right panel should say what devices are compatible with the app.

Or click here:
    BlackBerry App World - Search Results for "playbook"
    04-07-11 04:43 AM
    Another playbook video? 1;56 2;00
    04-07-11 04:50 AM
    I just type in "playbook" in the search bar and seems to filter to mostly PlayBook apps. On the right panel should say what devices are compatible with the app.

Or click here:
    Unfortunately that does not seem to list all PlayBook compatible apps, only those where the title or description has the word "playbook" in it. For example, my 3 apps do not show up in that search.
    I'm sure that the easiest way will be to look through App World on the PlayBook itself, where it should automatically list only apps compatible with the device (like currently on BB phones). But that doesn't really help those who want to browse and see what's available before purchasing the PlayBook, so hope they fix this one to make it easier to potential customers.
    04-07-11 08:20 AM

Or click here:
    just looked through them...... the apps arent that good =/
    04-07-11 08:21 AM
    There are also a lot of apps which have been approved but not yet posted for sale in the app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 09:32 AM
    yikes, 107 apps???
    04-07-11 09:42 AM
    just looked through them...... the apps arent that good =/
    Hey, can you post me a link to the app you made for the PlayBook? I'd love to take a look and see what a *good* app consists of......
    04-07-11 09:51 AM
    yikes, 107 apps???
    The count is no where near correct. That is just a search that returns apps/games that have the word "PlayBook" many apps (including mine) do not use PlayBook in the description or title.
    04-07-11 10:01 AM
    The count is no where near correct. That is just a search that returns apps/games that have the word "PlayBook" many apps (including mine) do not use PlayBook in the description or title.
    just checked out ur site.. how much are ur pb games?
    04-07-11 10:06 AM
    just checked out ur site.. how much are ur pb games?
    Most will be 99c, I only have a few of them on the site right now, I have 7 more that are about 90% complete.
    04-07-11 10:14 AM
    Hey, can you post me a link to the app you made for the PlayBook? I'd love to take a look and see what a *good* app consists of......
    First off, you win the thread for having an Invader ZIM avatar. That is my favorite cartoon.

Anyway, when you want to see an awesome app, look up Neon Bounce once you get your PlayBook. It hasn't been approved yet, so it doesn't appear in app world searches right now. I started a thread about it here if you want to take a look at it and leave a comment.
    04-07-11 11:00 AM
    First off, you win the thread for having an Invader ZIM avatar. That is my favorite cartoon.

Anyway, when you want to see an awesome app, look up Neon Bounce once you get your PlayBook. It hasn't been approved yet, so it doesn't appear in app world searches right now. I started a thread about it here if you want to take a look at it and leave a comment.
    Thanks, ZIM has been with me for a long time.

In the previous post, I was being facetious. For someone to downplay a) the selection of apps and b) the quality of those available, when they have no gauge of what is actually available (flaw with App World search, and the fact there are many apps yet to be approved) and also having no way to actually see the application, is ridiculous and borderline ignorant. I would give slightly more credit to the sentiment if the poster could show that they understood the development process, having created an app of his/her own.

Your app is a perfect example. Looks good, and the quick skim I took of the post suggests to me that I'll likely take a further look later. But, I'll reserve any judgement as to the quality until I've actually had an opportunity to try it. And you won't find it in a search of App World, due to the fact it hasn't been approved yet, and is still sitting somewhere in the ether.
    04-07-11 11:12 AM
    If you mean when you're searching through the apps on the device, App World already filters apps on App World that you can't use on your device. For instance, the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator didn't appear on my phone until recently because one of the requirements was OS 4.2.

As for on the website, I don't think there's anyway to filter apps on there if you want to get a feel for how many there are already on there and maybe scout out some of the ones you'll want to download ahead of time.

Also, I'm pretty sure that part of the Android apps announcement was that BlackBerry phone apps would be usable on the PlayBook as well but it would require another app player just like the Android apps do.
    04-07-11 11:32 AM
    Take a breath all will be well. The thousand worthwhile apps are on their way. (Quality is more important than quantity as evidenced by the voluminous iPad store.)

As of 4/7/2011 MobiHand, the Crackberry store, shows 49 'playbook' apps.
    The RIM developer suite was only released about a month ago; RIM is still reviewing apps for their own store. I suppose the basic apps that come with the Playbook will hold us until the many apps are tested/approved. Also, the Android tablet library will be available too.
    Last edited by mandony; 04-07-11 at 11:53 AM.
    04-07-11 11:50 AM
    I have been browsing on PlayBook Daily for apps.
    BB.David likes this.
    04-07-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD