Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jtokarchuk
  • 1 Post By Innovatology
  • 3 Post By mikeo007
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32447A6C
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Application/Developer Appreciation Thread

Due to the large amount of unhappiness on the forums about third party apps, I would like to take the time to highlight what we think are good applications on the PlayBook.

I woudl ask each person to post an application name, and what about it they like. See how many we can get!

I'll start.

I like PillPad, by King (OSBB). It was made, and posted for 99c, to benefit Cystic Fibrosis patients, and I think it is just awesome. Proceeds go to CFF.org
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 08-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

I'll nominate Scorekeeper by Magicule. It's a free app to keep scores when playing games with friends. It has a wonderfully simple, clean, tactile and cheerful user interface that you'll enjoy playing with even if you don't really need the app. Well done!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqXpwyBI1k[/YT]
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    bbaleno likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jtokarchuk View Post
    Due to the large amount of unhappiness on the forums about third party apps, I would like to take the time to highlight what we think are good applications on the PlayBook.

I woudl ask each person to post an application name, and what about it they like. See how many we can get!

I'll start.

I like PillPad, by King (OSBB). It was made, and posted for free, to benefit Cystic Fibrosis patients, and I think it is just awesome.
    Actually, it is .99 but proceeds got to CFF.org to help with research for Cystic Fibrosis.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,046 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

I'll nominate Innovatology for the app Files and Folders

Great app which lets you browse through your files easily. Neat features are that you can connect it to your cloud based storage solutions. Transferring files is as simple as copying the file you want from your cloud based storage option and pasting it in the directory of your choosing.

Works great that's for sure
    Thanked by:
    Innovatology (08-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,948 Global Posts

I'll nominate any developer who has taken the time to design and polish a quality app on the Playbook. It is not a fun platform to develop for, and I don't envy anyone who devs for this platform for a living.

There are a lot of quality apps in app world for the playbook (and BB phones). It takes a lot of work to even make a functional app on this platform, so ALL of the quality apps out there deserve a shout out.
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (08-09-2012)