Is there any way to get app. World when tethering or bridged? I am on the road a lot and often don't have access to wifi, but have a 5 gig data package.
    02-22-12 06:09 AM
    If you're bridged or tethered, of course you can. Just make sure your carrier doesn't require an additional data package for tethering (as they all do here in the US), otherwise bridge is the way to go.
    ignites likes this.
    02-22-12 06:13 AM
    Not when bridged. A tethering plan will work if you can use your device as a mobile hotspot, which apparently does you no good with a 9800. Although I'm not 100% sure with 2.0 now, I don't believe it will work with straight tethering -- the PB App World app wants to see wifi (which is why the hotspot works).
    02-22-12 06:24 AM
    OK, enlighten me; I wasn't aware one could not access app world while bridged. Why is that?
    02-22-12 06:28 AM
    OK, enlighten me; I wasn't aware one could not access app world while bridged. Why is that?
    Try it....and let me know
    02-22-12 06:42 AM
    I have a 9800, so no hotspot. I have no carrier issues, tethering is included. The problem is the message that pops up on my PB. It used to say "check your wifi connection". Now on 2.0 it says "check your wireless connection. Obviously I have a connection, my first post was from the PB...this one is from my torch.
    02-22-12 06:53 AM
    My guess is that Bridge doesn't send any data through your PlayBook. Bridge is more like a projection of what you see on yoir phone, but it doesn't actually give the PB a wireless connection other than Bluetooth.
    02-22-12 06:54 AM
    appworld doesn't work for me when bridged. it is a bit irritating as my phone 3g is fast enough for those 2mb downloads
    02-22-12 06:55 AM
    I have a 9800, so no hotspot. I have no carrier issues, tethering is included. The problem is the message that pops up on my PB. It used to say "check your wifi connection". Now on 2.0 it says "check your wireless connection. Obviously I have a connection, my first post was from the PB...this one is from my torch.
    Well that confirms that it's still no tethering access to App World (in addition to no bridging access). If this is a real concern for you, then I would definitely consider upgrading to the 9810 so you can avail yourself of the mobile hotspot. Otherwise, you'll just have to forego App World when you're out on the road.
    02-22-12 07:35 AM
    If anyone can figure out how without wireless please let us know.
    02-22-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD