I like browsing the App World using my laptop as I can see more of a description, more reviews, and other information.

One thing I really wish was required:
    Tell me what permissions the app is going to want - save me downloading/installing only to find it wants access to my files or something I don't agree with. It would be a bonus if they also explained *why* the app needs whatever. Some permissions are obvious and necessary, but geez some apps want access to everything!
    FF22 and LimeTripBlog like this.
    11-30-12 02:17 PM
    GREAT IDEA.

I do NOT like the ones that want:

"device identifying info: Allows the app to access information that uniquely identifies your tablet. This could be used to TRACK INFO about you and your USAGE Patterns." That appears to be a very broad open ended need.
    11-30-12 02:50 PM
    I just wish Appworld would accept my purchases. I,ve been blocked out since 1088.

A well, who needs apps anyways? Right Jim.
    11-30-12 03:58 PM
    I just wish Appworld would accept my purchases. I,ve been blocked out since 1088.

A well, who needs apps anyways? Right Jim.
    Wow, that's almost back when the Magna Carta was written! (sorry, could not resist - Rim can't help at all???)
    11-30-12 06:59 PM
    Did you try re-entering all the credit card info?

How can we browse app world on the laptop browser?
    11-30-12 08:50 PM
    Wow, that's almost back when the Magna Carta was written! (sorry, could not resist - Rim can't help at all???)
    Thanks guys, I,ve done all that. This is an old RIM problem that has been going on for years. Do a CB search on error 10000. I,ve read all the posts in search. No solution.

RIM have been working on my problem ticket for a week now. Unfortunately in the process, I am probably the world leading expert on this. Not an enviable, nor desired position
    11-30-12 09:26 PM
    How can we browse app world on the laptop browser?
    just go to appworld.blackberry.com
    Use the Filtering to set Playbook and Country
    Then just click on Apps, Games, or Themes at the top
    12-01-12 03:17 PM
    GREAT IDEA.

I do NOT like the ones that want:

"device identifying info: Allows the app to access information that uniquely identifies your tablet. This could be used to TRACK INFO about you and your USAGE Patterns." That appears to be a very broad open ended need.
    A lot of apps need that one, particularly games. My guess is it uses some PIN or ID for licensing purposes.

But I agree that permissions should be more specific, and more divided up (i.e. less stuff grouped into one permission, more seperate permissions).

I do like that you can refuse or allow individual permissions while still installing the app though, that's something you can't do on Android (although Android does show you the permissions before download)
    12-01-12 05:45 PM