- CrackBerry User
- 59 Posts
App World wish
I like browsing the App World using my laptop as I can see more of a description, more reviews, and other information.
One thing I really wish was required:
Tell me what permissions the app is going to want - save me downloading/installing only to find it wants access to my files or something I don't agree with. It would be a bonus if they also explained *why* the app needs whatever. Some permissions are obvious and necessary, but geez some apps want access to everything!
- 11-30-2012, 02:50 PM #2
I do NOT like the ones that want:
"device identifying info: Allows the app to access information that uniquely identifies your tablet. This could be used to TRACK INFO about you and your USAGE Patterns." That appears to be a very broad open ended need.
- 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM #6
RIM have been working on my problem ticket for a week now. Unfortunately in the process, I am probably the world leading expert on this. Not an enviable, nor desired position
- CrackBerry Master
12-01-2012, 05:45 PM #8
- 1,265 Posts
But I agree that permissions should be more specific, and more divided up (i.e. less stuff grouped into one permission, more seperate permissions).
I do like that you can refuse or allow individual permissions while still installing the app though, that's something you can't do on Android (although Android does show you the permissions before download)UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
- By Pholey22 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
- By Pholey22 in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
- By klsmalls1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2009, 08:21 AM
- By GQatHU in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 41Last Post: 03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
- By RCCollins in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM