hello i am having trouble connecting to app world im currently running on wifi and i keep getting the error saying please ensure im connected to the network, im not briged or teathered ive tried to reboot my playbook it used to work now it wont, im running the latest beta os

browser and other stuff are all running fine
    01-10-12 08:14 PM
    hello i am having trouble connecting to app world im currently running on wifi and i keep getting the error saying please ensure im connected to the network, im not briged or teathered ive tried to reboot my playbook it used to work now it wont, im running the latest beta os

browser and other stuff are all running fine
    I have encountered a similar problem once or twice in the beta but it was only transitory.

The following things are just stabs in the dark but they may help to isolate the problem:

Is wifi otherwise working? Can you connect to websites using the browser? try clearing your browser cache. What happens when you go to appworld.blackberry.com in your PB browser?
    01-10-12 09:43 PM
    I have encountered a similar problem once or twice in the beta but it was only transitory.

The following things are just stabs in the dark but they may help to isolate the problem:

Is wifi otherwise working? Can you connect to websites using the browser? try clearing your browser cache. What happens when you go to appworld.blackberry.com in your PB browser?
    other then app world wifi is working on everything, i cleared everything in the browser still wouldnt work and when i go to the app worl website it launches app world with the same error also ive already tried a hard rest and still nothing
    01-11-12 05:33 AM
    other then app world wifi is working on everything, i cleared everything in the browser still wouldnt work and when i go to the app worl website it launches app world with the same error also ive already tried a hard rest and still nothing
    You likely have stumbled into a bug in the beta OS. The error popup that you are seeing normally happens when the bridge/tethering is the only open path to the internet. Try resetting the Bluetooth path by unpairing from your phone, After a restart, make sure Bluetooth is turned off and try to use App World again.

If you still can't access app world (even after a restart) I would say that your OS installation is corrupted somehow. If another forum member doesn't have a better suggestion, you should revert back to the official OS by restoring the backup that you took prior to installing the beta. In the absence of a backup you will need to do use the debricking procedure.
    01-11-12 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD