I cannot download apps from the app world so I did a little digging and apparently I have to setup my account on the blackberry app world website and update my payment information to do so. So I go there and I find out a blackberry smartphone is REQUIRED to do this, and the playbook does not count. I can't believe this crap. I will be forced to return this awesome device because of this.
    05-17-11 03:39 AM
    What? I've never owned a BB phone in my life and I've purchased apps with my PB.
    05-17-11 03:42 AM
    help me out if you can. I get this install error and this is the remedy on RIM's page.

KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Note: Step 2 of the BlackBerry App World setup process instructs to connect a BlackBerry� smartphone. Currently, a BlackBerry PlayBook is not compatible with the web setup process so an active BlackBerry smartphone will be required to complete this.
    05-17-11 03:52 AM
    Hmm. I'm wondering now if something weird is going on with my account because i used to have a blackberry 2 years ago and it wants me to connect that old phone that I don't have anymore.
    05-17-11 03:57 AM
    Hum that is strange. I've not seen that issue before. Have you ever had a BB phone in the past? I should imagine RIM will fix this issue soon but in the mean time you could create a new BB ID on your PlayBook, that might help.
    05-17-11 04:03 AM
    Am I able to change my id without wiping the device?
    05-17-11 04:07 AM
    I had to make a new account and now it works. Good, but kind of sucks b/c I want to use my main email. oh well.
    05-17-11 05:07 AM
    Where do you access settings for appworld on the PB? I want to update my Paypal information and can't figure this out.
    12-04-11 10:04 PM
    Where do you access settings for appworld on the PB? I want to update my Paypal information and can't figure this out.
    Go to app world on your pc and register/sign in with your BBID to change/update your payment options. The sign-in link is at the top of the page - right-hand side.
    12-04-11 10:22 PM
    ahh, ok, I found it...thank you! I was logging into another bb site apparently and didn't get the pay options....your advice worked.
    12-04-11 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD