I finally purchased a PlayBook (yay!), I got it for 220 off of Amazon. It came in the mail today and I was really excited about it .. Went through the set up and everything. The only thing is .. There's no App World? It's not on the homescreen. And when I try to go through the browser to the app world website, the bar to navigate to that website loads and then stops and won't let me go to that website. Weird. So how do I get App World on my PlayBook?? .. I'm currently updating the software on the PlayBook, OS 1.0.8.6067 is downloading right now on it .. But after that's done and it reboots, how can I get the App World? I don't have a BlackBerry phone by the way.
    02-05-12 12:43 AM
    You should end up with it after the upgrade I would think. It was on mine on launch day so not sure why you can't see it.
    You must be hooked up to wifi to be getting the upgrade, so you should be fine.
    02-05-12 12:49 AM
    Alright, I'll wait until the upgrade finishes downloading and installed, it's about 40% right now. Sure hope it's there after reboot lol
    02-05-12 12:52 AM
    Guess I should have waited for the update before anxiously posting in here, haha. The OS update definitely brought the App World to my PlayBook .. Along with a lot of other default apps. Now to get to downloading ......
    02-05-12 01:20 AM
    02-05-12 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD