I,ve bought over a 100 pb apps. Now I,m refused, the famous error 10000. Paypal not approved.

I,ve searched all the previous error 10000 posts, no luck, just more po,d users.
    I,ve checked with paypal, they say my acct is fine, go talk to RIM.
    Called RIM, spent 1.5 hours on the phone with a lady in India. No offense to her, she tried, but I know more about it than she does.
    I,ve tried changing my credit card in appworld, that got me errorcode 9300.

Alex, if you read this. I,m into what you guys are doing, I love the playbook, but If I cant buy the apps, its no good to me.

Sorry for the rant, but if I can,t get thru this, its kod pb, hello mini.

The RIM ticket # is 25851009.
    Last edited by CairnsRock; 11-21-12 at 04:56 PM.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    11-21-12 04:20 PM
    Seriously...they won't take your money???
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-21-12 05:13 PM
    Is there any chance you have a BlackBerry smartphone (I don't see one on the sidebar there). I had a similar problem one time I made a mistake on my phone and did "carrier bill" which somehow messed up the ability on my PB to pay with paypal. I had to take "carrier billing" off my phone and all was well again.
    11-21-12 05:15 PM
    Is there any chance you have a BlackBerry smartphone (I don't see one on the sidebar there). I had a similar problem one time I made a mistake on my phone and did "carrier bill" which somehow messed up the ability on my PB to pay with paypal. I had to take "carrier billing" off my phone and all was well again.
    Thanks for the post, no, I dont have a bb phone.
    11-21-12 06:15 PM
    Seriously...they won't take your money???
    Very seriously, Ive never had to to fight this hard for someone to take my money. All my credit cards and paypal are in good standing. Do a cb search on "error 10000". This been going on for over a year and a half.
    11-21-12 06:18 PM
    Sorry for your problem. My problem has been related to my phone. App World doesn't recognize that I have any apps installed at all. I can buy them, but can't reinstall anything that's already been bought. Aaarrrgghhh!
    11-21-12 06:24 PM
    Make sure that you can log into BBID here:
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/
    Then make sure you can use that same username/password to log into Appworld here:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
    Then go to your "My Payment options" and make sure the PayPal user account is the same as your BBID email address.
    11-21-12 06:47 PM
    Just switch from PayPal to Credit Card.

I've seen this happen when your BlackBerry authentication inside PayPal is dead and needs to be deleted and resent.

But if you want to reach Alec, you should look on twitter. He usually answers there. Not that he works for the AppWorld or finance teams Give it a try though, jump into PayPal, look for authorized companies for automatic payments, and delete RIM.

If you are using a credit card, make sure your address is identical to your real one on your statements.

Ed.
    11-21-12 07:03 PM
    Sorry for your problem. My problem has been related to my phone. App World doesn't recognize that I have any apps installed at all. I can buy them, but can't reinstall anything that's already been bought. Aaarrrgghhh!
    Well, at least I got them to raise a ticket number for it. Mind you, I had to spend an hour on hold with the lady from India.
    11-21-12 07:10 PM
    Well, at least I got them to raise a ticket number for it. Mind you, I had to spend an hour on hold with the lady from India.
    I too had problems with app world, 1st paypal error and then they don't accept Mastercard. Now I borrow my dad's Visa to make payments. I hope RIM fixes these Issues, because it doesn't affect RIM that much but it sure does affect the developers income.

Oh 1hr on hold really? I cant stand being on hold for 5 mins, may be she was new to the job.
    11-21-12 07:47 PM
    you talked with someone in India? Sufprisingly when I contacted them I was connected to some one in Canada. Thought they were doing it there itself.
    11-21-12 10:17 PM
    Hi guys, I,ve tried all of your suggestions. Thankyou.

Cancelled all rim approvals in paypal and reauthenticated.

Tried my amex and then m,card.

Rechecked my sign in permissions.

All failed. The problem must be with RIM, if my amex and mastercard cards get rejected. Like I said, they are in good standing.

I hope that the problem ticket gets me somthing. I,ve been working on this thing all day.
    11-21-12 10:25 PM
    I had a similar problem (can't remember the error code). Removing. My wifi connection from saved connections in preferences, then reconnecting then saving did the trick for me.
    11-21-12 11:45 PM
    you talked with someone in India? Sufprisingly when I contacted them I was connected to some one in Canada. Thought they were doing it there itself.
    You could be correct, though, she had an Indian accent, the connection was very faint, plus there was Indian music played when I was on hold. Also, I live 50 miles from Waterloo, so would expect a clear connection.
    11-22-12 12:51 AM
    I would normally urge you to stay but hour and half on the phone with a woman India is like being waterboarded. You did go and check your account through PayPal to ensure that they didn't mess it up on their end right? I know I am grabbing at straws but had to ask.
    11-22-12 05:12 AM
    I would normally urge you to stay but hour and half on the phone with a woman India is like being waterboarded. You did go and check your account through PayPal to ensure that they didn't mess it up on their end right? I know I am grabbing at straws but had to ask.
    When you do a payment method authentication in appworld for paypal. Appworld (RIM) sends a preapproval code to my paypal acct. Which I need to click to accept. Done that numerous times. I have a query into paypal again, but that doesnt explain why my Amex and Mastercard are rejected by RIM. Thankyou for posting.
    11-22-12 11:49 AM
    I just got a message a couple of days ago that they do not accept Discover when that card has been linked to the account from day 1. Hmm...
    11-28-12 02:27 PM
    I had this same problem over a year ago with my 8900. Just suddenly stopped allowing purchases with PayPal, even though I had been using it fine up until that point. I went through the whole process of deleting the pre-auth payment plan in PayPal's control panel and regenerated a new one, all with no avail. Tried using both my visa and my Mastercard and neither of those worked. I switched to carrier billing and everything was back to normal, so I just completely forgot about it, even after upgrading my phone to a 9900.

Six months ago I bought a playbook. I'm sure you can imagine where this is going. With no carrier billing option (obviously), I was back to Error 10000 when trying to purchase apps again. I went through the entire PayPal procedure again with no luck, so I called tech support. The gentleman I spoke to was super-helpful, but together we couldn't find any solutions, so he told me he was going to escalate my ticket to the Wallet team, but the contact person in that department was away from work until next week. I was told to call back with my ticket number and the Wallet team member would be able to help me at that time.

So a weekend later, I call back and get in touch with the correct person very quickly. Again, he could see that none of my attempted payments were being processed on their end, and that he was going to dig deeper into the problem and get back in touch with me. A few days later, I received an email and was told that they had identified the problem and that a fix would be rolled out in the next couple of months, and I'd see a software update for my PlayBook eventually that would resolve the Error 10000 error. Until that time, I would be entirely unable to make any purchases of any kind via App World. Boom. Ticket closed.

This was 4 months ago. No software updates pertaining to App World, and I still cannot purchase anything. I've seen sales on apps that I want come and go, and there isn't a single thing I can do about it. For some reason, I still really like my PlayBook, despite the fact that it has been relegated to strictly being a Web browser, and I still plan on purchasing BB10, but this entire experience has left me horribly frustrated.
    12-15-12 07:59 PM