I am getting an error message when opening App World on my PlayBook that says "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates."

Well, I'm in Connecticut. I know we are different here in CT, but I thought we were still part of the good old US of A!

Anyways, any ideas what might be wrong or how I may fix it? I've been using App World for a while with no problems. I'm on OS2.0 and not rooted.

EDIT: P.S. My Language is set to English and my Country/Region is set to US.
    Mr.Softberry likes this.
    03-22-12 08:37 AM
    I am getting an error message when opening App World on my PlayBook that says "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates."

Well, I'm in Connecticut. I know we are different here in CT, but I thought we were still part of the good old US of A!

Anyways, any ideas what might be wrong or how I may fix it? I've been using App World for a while with no problems. I'm on OS2.0 and not rooted.

EDIT: P.S. My Language is set to English and my Country/Region is set to US.
    I've been getting this same message since yesterday as well and I'm in SC! I called Playbook tech support and they had no idea what I was talking about and said they would call me back....
    03-22-12 08:43 AM
    It's working fine for me and I live in Canada British Columbia.
    03-22-12 10:39 AM
    Having the same problem here in South Africa, it was working perfectly fine earlier, and now I can't access app world on my playbook.
    03-22-12 04:36 PM
    I'm getting that exact same message when I try to go to App world and I live in the US also. I just deleted my wifi profile because I was having wifi connection problems and that's exactly when the problem started. One problem to the next i guess lol.
    03-22-12 04:48 PM
    Just went to the language settings and reset the language to English and Country to US, now I can go back on App world. Maybe this will work for someone else. Or maybe AW is just working correctly again.
    SabrinaAdhikari likes this.
    03-22-12 04:59 PM
    I tried reseting the language and Country still getting the error. Located in Ontario, Canada.
    03-22-12 05:28 PM
    Appworld also not working in New Hampshire. Was OK last night.
    03-22-12 06:32 PM
    Same here. Used it last night, but today it says App World is not currently available in my country. I checked Language settings in Options and noticed that Country/Region was set to US, even though it previously was set to Canada. I changed it back to Canada. Still no luck. I'm located in Ontario, Canada.
    03-22-12 06:44 PM
    same error here... located in Ontario, Canada. App world was working fine till this morning -ish the last time i checked
    03-22-12 06:49 PM
    I am having the same problem in Burnaby British Columbia Canada
    03-22-12 06:50 PM
    Funny, App World is working for me (I'm in the USA), but if I do a search in App World for "Angry Birds", then it tells me App World is not available in my country. No lie. Lol. Have to then restart App Word. Other search words do not cause the same issue. Try it!
    03-22-12 07:13 PM
    Same, Ontario Canada. Obviously something screwed on the Appworld side. Wait and see now.
    03-22-12 07:15 PM
    I changed to french I can get in
    03-22-12 07:48 PM
    Funny, App World is working for me (I'm in the USA), but if I do a search in App World for "Angry Birds", then it tells me App World is not available in my country. No lie. Lol. Have to then restart App Word. Other search words do not cause the same issue. Try it!
    Nope, tried it and it does do the search for angry birds ok, works fine. I tried to search for various things and they all went through. AW is working ok here now (east coast US). My guess is because AW wasn't working for me earlier, it's just a matter of time before it will be up and running in your area too.
    cajualaddict likes this.
    03-22-12 07:55 PM
    It happened to me a few times yesterday. What i did both times were to from app world, swipe from top. Go to payment section, setup the payment again as I did the first time. It is paypal in my case. It worked and not a single this issue since. May be this may help some of you.
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-22-12 08:04 PM
    Strange... I am getting this error and my wife (sitting next to me) has no problems. Sheesh... Tried RST in AW and there is no proxy and tried reseting country. THinking there is an issue with RIM AW server.
    03-22-12 09:17 PM
    Same here in Texas. Not available in your country. I must have missed the secession.
    gadgetjunkie89 likes this.
    03-22-12 09:34 PM
    Having the same problem in Toronto. Tried to change the language, delete saved wifi, and restart the playbook, not working for me...
    03-22-12 09:46 PM
    I had this same problem last night. But tonight it was fine. Probably a server update or issue...
    03-22-12 09:54 PM
    Experiencing the same problem, I am in Toronto, Canada. I was using it fine yesterday, I even downloaded a new app "GT Racing HD" and a few others yesterday. I am rebooting my Playbook and seeing if the problem persists.

Nope... did a reboot and still doesn't connect. Current language English and country/region is US. I changed it to region Canada, just in case, made no difference. Doesn't connect to AppWorld. Meanwhile, Wi-Fi works with everything else, can connect to email and browse web, run all my apps. Just Appworld is affected.

Strange?
    03-22-12 10:24 PM
    When you get the error just swipe down from the top and select payment options and update them. It worked for me.
    03-22-12 10:45 PM
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
    ================

Ok, I figured out a possible solution.

When you launch Appworld, just keep tapping on the screen repeatedly... I think if you manage to click on something during that "split second" when you see Appworld but BEFORE the warning message comes up, it will work. Here's what I do:

1. launch appworld... see a green circle...
    2. immediately start tapping the screen (easiest to flip back and forth between 2 fingers)
    - there will be a split-second when the Appworld main screen pops up
    - if you are tapping constantly, chances are you will hit one of the apps
    - if you hit an app, it will load up the screen for that app in the background...
    3. you will STILL notice the "warning message" saying not working your country
    4. ignore the message, click <OK> and it will show you the app you clicked on in the split-second when you were tapping
    5. Now you press <BACK and can see the main Appworld screen again

Try this and let me know how it works!!!!

I just successfully did this several times and able to get back into Appworld, find apps and download them no problem. So the work-around *IS* to randomly tap repeatedly as Appworld app loads, and hope you press on a random app in time to load it's screen, which will then allow you to back out once you dismissed the "not available in your country" dialog.

I DO NOT believe the payment options update has anything to do with it. It is probably something wrong on RIM servers.
    Last edited by edyb; 03-22-12 at 11:05 PM.
    ScoobsDM, NARva, redk and 6 others like this.
    03-22-12 10:49 PM
    I hope the fact that you added payment options is not the solution. I think many people would rather NOT have a paypal or credit-card associated with their playbook, at least not be FORCED to do this. If you want to just use your playbook with free apps that's your choice, not be FORCED to enter payment information.

I can't believe that would be the solution. Otherwise I am sure there will be many PISSED OFF users very soon.
    03-22-12 10:53 PM
    Yeah same here in ny too. maybe there is a big update hahahahahahahahahahah wonder what it is?
    03-22-12 10:58 PM
241 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD