I have found with the last few app updates i receive a notice for it and the version number, but when i go to app world there is no update there..

I managed to delete one app and then reinstall, and this updated to the latest version, but its a pain at it can also remove saved data..

Anyone know why this is happening ?
    06-06-12 08:13 AM
    I've been having trouble with the AppWorld as well for the last couple of weeks. I can see all apps, but can't even download new apps. It either gives me an installation error message or says it is having trouble connecting to the AppWorld. This is definitely not a Wi-Fi issue, since I can use all my installed apps as well as surf the web.
    06-06-12 08:38 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Maybe I'm wrong but it's only been happening since the 2.1 beta. Close the notification and it won't disturb you until a reboot. Maybe it's an issue with the beta which means you just have to accept and deal with it.
    06-06-12 09:03 AM
    Seems that the notification comes a few days before the app is available for upgrade in app world. I got the WhatsUp notifcation a fews days ago and was only able to upgrade this morning.

Sent from.....the future.
    06-06-12 09:15 AM
    I have found with the last few app updates i receive a notice for it and the version number, but when i go to app world there is no update there..

I managed to delete one app and then reinstall, and this updated to the latest version, but its a pain at it can also remove saved data..

Anyone know why this is happening ?
    I have reported this problem to App World Vendor Support and they inform that they have their internal people investigating the issue and will get back to me as soon as we have an update.

As soon as I know anything, I will post it in the thread that I started last Saturday

App World Issue - update option not offered for new version

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a sure-fire way of working around the issue (that does not involve deleting the app) I would sure like to know about. Some people have had luck searching for the app in App World or refreshing the installed list in My World, but results are mixed at best.
    tunes666 likes this.
    06-06-12 09:22 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Maybe I'm wrong but it's only been happening since the 2.1 beta. Close the notification and it won't disturb you until a reboot. Maybe it's an issue with the beta which means you just have to accept and deal with it.
    It true that we may have to accept and deal with it for the time being, but It is definitely not affecting beta users exclusively. Downloads for my recent updates are about half the expected volume. And my support email inbox is absolutely full of complaints.

On behalf of all developers, I humbly request that people stop writing reviews concerning installation issues and other problems related to App World. These problems are not the developer's fault and we cannot provide assistance if we don't know who you are.
    Sucroid likes this.
    06-06-12 09:31 AM
    I have reported this problem to App World Vendor Support and they inform that they have their internal people investigating the issue and will get back to me as soon as we have an update.

As soon as I know anything, I will post it in the thread that I started last Saturday

App World Issue - update option not offered for new version

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a sure-fire way of working around the issue (that does not involve deleting the app) I would sure like to know about. Some people have had luck searching for the app in App World or refreshing the installed list in My World, but results are mixed at best.

Thanks for the info, will report back with any results..
    06-06-12 03:54 PM
    I wouldn't have even thought that people would take their frustrations with AppWorld out on developers. That's crappy.

Need to get this fixed and if anyone could solve my 30242 error with in app purchases I would be spending a lot more money in some fine apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 04:08 PM
    I wouldn't have even thought that people would take their frustrations with AppWorld out on developers. That's crappy.

Need to get this fixed and if anyone could solve my 30242 error with in app purchases I would be spending a lot more money in some fine apps.

These problems are RIM's problems but I'm getting several bad reviews per day because of them. These people are wasting their one shot at posting a review by asking for help with upgrading an inferior and obsolete version. Problem is, I don't know how to contact the person to tell them how to fix the problem. This is really bad for my business but I am helpless to respond.
    ----------------------
    Title: Upgrade?
    Created Date: Jun 6, 2012 3:17:37 PM
    Release: 1.5.2

Review Body:
    Won't upgrade!
    06-06-12 04:21 PM

I would try and set the date of your playbook as late as you can in the future, reset and try again after setting correct date...Worked for me with weird app world issues. Try checking your ID in settings ...I bet you have issues with that too. Hope it fixes it for you
    06-08-12 01:45 PM
    I have deleted some programs and re installed and they even went back to the first version.. or one of the first versions.. like Stellarium

My "whats up" is now in version 1.5.1, although it says its 1.5.4 in app world..

My Stellarium just gave me another update notification this time permitted me to download, although after download it is on 1.2.0, but says 1.2.0.10 in app world?

my Magellan Compass just updated ok the correct version..

Looks like RIM have got a problem to sort out, a silly one at that.
    06-08-12 06:43 PM
    Osmand is on 0.7.3 beta.. and app world offers 1.2

Serioualy screwed..
    06-08-12 06:58 PM
    Deeee Classic is at 1.0.1 but only 1.0 can be downloaded. The notification for 1.0.1 keeps coming up. Very annoying.. Though I did get Magellan Compass 3.1.
    06-08-12 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD