Anybody have an idea on why I can't update or install apps.. I just get install error 0003-0005... Every time. I've restarted it a million times, and even updated the is to 2.0.1 and of corse nothing works. It's happened for about a week.. Haven't got it to work yet.. Help?
    04-17-12 03:41 PM
    change you time and date on your playbook to something in the past and try appworld.

Then set it back to the current time.

if that fails call rim for support.. I did when i couldn't use paypal and they resolved it within 2 days.
    jplo2113 and emtunc like this.
    04-17-12 03:45 PM
    Delete your Wi-fi connection and re-add it.
    jplo2113, coverk, juliodj and 1 others like this.
    04-17-12 03:46 PM
    Okay so I tried both of your suggestions and then opened up app world after both deleting my wifi network and changing the time and it worked. So I'm not sure which one of you actually helped. Lol. So thanks both of you!
    04-17-12 04:01 PM
    had the same problem I had to change the date by 1 year, after turning auto time updates off and rebooted then rebooted and set it back again and it worked. Trouble is I can't remember if I had to go forward or backwards in time.
    04-17-12 04:02 PM
    do a security wipe if all else fails good luck and don't you dare sell that playbook, that is a treasure to keep
    jplo2113 and jooze like this.
    04-17-12 04:13 PM
    I was gonna say, I've been tossing around the idea of making a new thread about how amazingly responsive App World has been the past couple of days.

Prior to, and still after the 2.0.1 update, App World has been phenomenal. Anyone else noticed this yet?

Glad you got your issue sorted OP.
    04-17-12 05:10 PM
    I had a problem with PlayBook's app world for about 24hrs a couple of days ago. I tried everything and nothing worked, it just started working correctly on its own.....prior to those 24hrs and after....no problems, back to normal.....I dunno
    04-17-12 05:31 PM
    Okay so I tried both of your suggestions and then opened up app world after both deleting my wifi network and changing the time and it worked. So I'm not sure which one of you actually helped. Lol. So thanks both of you!
    I tried both ways too and wallahh!!!!no more install error: [0003 - 0005]. Thanks to both of you!
    05-05-12 02:37 AM
    To those suffering with this problem the originally posted solution did not work for me however deleting and reinstalling my wireless network did the trick.
    05-05-12 07:04 AM
    To those suffering with this problem the originally posted solution did not work for me however deleting and reinstalling my wireless network did the trick.
    That's the only way to solve this problem as far as i know.
    05-05-12 10:16 AM
    That's the only way to solve this problem as far as i know.
    Indeed which begs the question why has BlackBerry not corrected the problem yet.
    05-05-12 11:12 AM
    I recently had the same problem as OP (install error 0003-0005) and by deleting and reinstalling my saved wireless network did the trick.

Thank you CB community.
    05-10-12 07:54 AM
    I had the same issue with app world on the pb. I called pb support, my BBID was made before app world 2.0. I changed my BBID to a NEW ID and everything works. This happened after I downloaded to the latest Software update. My initial error code was 0003-0006.
    Hope this helps.

de

KD5YFS
    05-10-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks, had the same problem. Deleted the wifi and changed the date and it worked. You have to love the crackberry forums. I can always find a solution to any blackberry problems here. Brings a nice sense of belief in the goodness of people
    Taka313 likes this.
    05-10-12 10:48 AM
    Got the same problem after trying out 2.1 BETA - removing the wireless profile and re-joining solved it for me.
    No restart of the PlayBook was necessary.
    06-04-12 03:11 PM
    hoping someone out there can help - i get the above error whenever i try to install anything from appworld. i've tried setting the date back/forwarf and rebooting, i've tried deleting my wifi instance and rebooting and i've tried doing both.

in addition i've tried to create a new blackberry id via the setup menu, but whenever i try to edit my blackberry id i get an error message "blackberry id requires a network connection. please connect to a wifi network or tether to your blackberry smartphone and try again". i can assure you that i'm connected to my wifi as i've been able to surf to various web pages when i get this error.

i've spent hours on the phone with rim performing the steps i've seen on this forum. to no avail. in addition i recently had to travel for work, and the appworld worked in the hotel - so i'm thinking this has something to do with my SRX-200 wireless router?

i bought a brand new pb today and - updated to the latest os, entered just my bb id/config for wireless and i'm getting the exact same messages.

i love my playbook(s) - we have 3 in total, but my 5 year old is dieing to install some more princess apps (she prefers the pb over the iPad i got for free).

Please Please - i can't spend another 3 hrs on the phone with rim's tech support.

Greatly appreciate any help.....
    09-27-12 09:09 PM
    hoping someone out there can help - i get the above error whenever i try to install anything from appworld. i've tried setting the date back/forwarf and rebooting, i've tried deleting my wifi instance and rebooting and i've tried doing both.

in addition i've tried to create a new blackberry id via the setup menu, but whenever i try to edit my blackberry id i get an error message "blackberry id requires a network connection. please connect to a wifi network or tether to your blackberry smartphone and try again". i can assure you that i'm connected to my wifi as i've been able to surf to various web pages when i get this error.

i've spent hours on the phone with rim performing the steps i've seen on this forum. to no avail. in addition i recently had to travel for work, and the appworld worked in the hotel - so i'm thinking this has something to do with my SRX-200 wireless router?

i bought a brand new pb today and - updated to the latest os, entered just my bb id/config for wireless and i'm getting the exact same messages.

i love my playbook(s) - we have 3 in total, but my 5 year old is dieing to install some more princess apps (she prefers the pb over the iPad i got for free).

Please Please - i can't spend another 3 hrs on the phone with rim's tech support.

Greatly appreciate any help.....
    Did you do this? I have had both those problems and it solves them both:
    1. Go to Settings -> Wifi -> Delete your saved profile
    2. Then Recreate your wifi profile again..
    3. Fire up your Appworld and should work..
    Last edited by GreyGhostRos; 09-27-12 at 10:06 PM.
    09-27-12 10:02 PM
    This is a recurrent problem for me.

The wifi thing works most of the time, but not always. I found that sometimes, it works if you also delete all saved bluetooth paired devices.

If you don't wat to reenter all your wifi & bluetooth info, then do This
    09-30-12 04:30 AM
    delete reinstall your wifi connection

just had this and tried it.

works a treat
    10-01-12 08:45 AM
    Change from credit card to PayPal, delete the wifi and try again.
    10-01-12 08:55 AM
    Install error 0003 - 0005
    Just delete the wifi settings on your playbook,and reconnect to your wifi and all shod be well. No need to do a security wipe!
    02-12-13 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD