Has anyone else encountered this and maybe even found a solution. Everytime i try to open up app world its stuck at the blank screen. It does not even show the green circle or anything to signify that its loading up. I have tried hard reset and everything yet the problem persists. Is there an update being done to app world or something?

This is what it looks like......
    Last edited by kzeusr; 06-11-11 at 07:19 PM.
    06-11-11 07:12 PM
    I just posted this in the other forum. EXACT same issue with no luck. Atleast now I know its not isolated to mu device.
    06-11-11 07:21 PM
    wow how long has yours been doing this?
    06-11-11 07:26 PM
    1) Hold the (hard) on/off switch to OFF. Then turn ON.

2) If the problem still exists call the free RIM technical support phone line for trouble shooting.

The problem is an incomplete OS upgrade.

Likely they will walk you through a Blackberry Desk Manager to: Backup, Re-Install the OS, and Restore.
    Last edited by mandony; 06-11-11 at 07:44 PM.
    06-11-11 07:42 PM
    tried that...no dice. updated the os last week.
    so don't see why the problem would suddenly start today for the first time if this was an os upgrade issue.
    Can you access the appworld ?
    06-11-11 08:01 PM
    tried that...no dice. updated the os last week.
    so don't see why the problem would suddenly start today for the first time if this was an os upgrade issue.
    Can you access the appworld ?
    I'm having the exact same issue. Tried everything I know of and no luck fixing it. Anyone have any other ideas?
    06-11-11 08:05 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Tried everything I know of and no luck fixing it. Anyone have any other ideas?
    This sucks...on hold with RIM for 30 minutes just to know of appworld is down....this is pathetic.
    06-11-11 08:17 PM
    This sucks...on hold with RIM for 30 minutes just to know of appworld is down....this is pathetic.
    So they did say app world is down huh? Wow...... Yea @mandony I did all that stuff already...... Also, I too upgraded to latest OS since last week and this problem only popped up today. My app world has been working fine all along since our most recent update. This started but a few hours ago.
    06-11-11 08:20 PM
    This has been posted on the forums as a problem for people since the OS upgrade. The only thing that worked for me was a security wipe without restoring. I tried a restore one time and it "restored" the problem as well. Wipe and then reinstall your apps and media.
    06-11-11 08:26 PM
    just upgraded to .2342 and my app world is opening again. I find it odd though that there has been no change in the newest apps section for me within the past 24 hours. It shows my newest app as greenhearts. Ive had this as the newest app since yesterday though.
    06-11-11 10:04 PM
    I believe this (not flash) was one of the reasons for the update today. Flash build has not changed and many people had the app world issue. Some kind of a memory utilization issue I believe.
    06-11-11 11:08 PM
    I believe this (not flash) was one of the reasons for the update today. Flash build has not changed and many people had the app world issue. Some kind of a memory utilization issue I believe.
    Yes that seems to be the case. An update of 278mb to fix appworld....
    06-11-11 11:12 PM
    Yes that seems to be the case. An update of 278mb to fix appworld....
    Also seemed to fix some publications a nd some other things the last update broke.
    06-11-11 11:20 PM
    Has anyone else encountered this and maybe even found a solution. Everytime i try to open up app world its stuck at the blank screen. It does not even show the green circle or anything to signify that its loading up. I have tried hard reset and everything yet the problem persists. Is there an update being done to app world or something?

This is what it looks like......
    About two threads per PB section.

Tim
    06-11-11 11:22 PM
    Tonights update fixed app world for me
    06-11-11 11:44 PM
    About two threads per PB section.

Tim
    No my friend.... the other threads were about app world lagging on the green circle. My experience dealth with app world not loading at all.
    06-12-11 01:41 PM
    No my friend.... the other threads were about app world lagging on the green circle. My experience dealth with app world not loading at all.
    You didnt look hard enough as they are there. I have been posting in them.

No point now as the new OS released today should of fixed it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/ap...d-down-621341/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ap...-hangs-622288/

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 06-12-11 at 06:59 PM.
    06-12-11 06:47 PM
    ok buddy. You win!
    06-12-11 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD