Is there a downloadable AppWorld bar file somewhere?
    I'd like to try and load it on the Playbook simulator.
    09-20-12 01:21 PM
    Is there a downloadable AppWorld bar file somewhere?
    I'd like to try and load it on the Playbook simulator.

I am sure it is in the OS somewhere. I am guessing you are wanting to pull application bar files from App world and using the simulator would be so they arent encrypted in the backup?
    09-20-12 01:36 PM
    I am sure it is in the OS somewhere. I am guessing you are wanting to pull application bar files from App world and using the simulator would be so they arent encrypted in the backup?
    Once I get the Appworld loaded, if possible, then I'd ask the question
    How can I download an App from the Playbook to my Desktop, so I can load it on the playbook again, through side loading instead of through the app world.

If all possible, it's a multi-step process that would allow me to load Apps on my playbook without WIFI.

So basically...
    Run PB simulator
    Get app from App World loaded onto Simulator
    Extract App from simulator
    Load Extracted App onto Physical PB
    Enjoy

Ultimately, that's my goal.
    09-20-12 01:42 PM
    This is from 2.1.0.560. And be quick- I won't leave it up indefinitely. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f661f...4A8CD45E%21135
    09-20-12 01:44 PM
    Thanks pacoman03
    Now comes the question...

How can I download an App from the Playbook to my Desktop?
    If the info is already in a post, I'll be happy to just be pointed to the post.
    09-20-12 02:19 PM
    So... It this a piracy thread?
    09-20-12 02:35 PM
    Since I'm not trying to get paid apps for free... I'd say no.
    Regardless of if your accessing the AppWorld through the Simulator or a Physical PB, a Paid App remains a Paid App and the App World will not let you download a Paid App for free even if you're connecting to it through a simulator(which is just a virtual version of the PB).
    Last edited by blaze_125; 09-20-12 at 02:43 PM.
    09-20-12 02:37 PM
    Someone posted here a while back a link to a zip file containing all of the stock OS bar files, and that's where the bar file came from. I don't know/think that you can extract bars from your PB directly. Do a search, maybe in the OS forum. There's a thread there with a link to file I'm talking about.
    09-20-12 02:46 PM
    Someone posted here a while back a link to a zip file containing all of the stock OS bar files, and that's where the bar file came from. I don't know/think that you can extract bars from your PB directly. Do a search, maybe in the OS forum. There's a thread there with a link to file I'm talking about.
    I found the thread and I'm downloading it now.
    It should be illegal to provide such slow download speed... even for free lol
    09-20-12 02:53 PM
    I replied to that already... but after reading a few threads related to what I'm currently looking for... I can see why you're asking.
    Lets leave/close this thread as I believe it could lead to or turn into a piracy thread if the information does get posted. After reading the stuff I read so far, I think it would be best to just leave it at that.

Let it be clear that my objective is legitimate and not piracy.
    09-20-12 03:05 PM
    Just because you buy the app there is no reason to have access to the BAR file other than to distribute the app. If you purchase an app on your PlayBook you can back it up in case something happens to your device and restore to a PlayBook that uses the same BlackBerry ID.
    09-21-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD