Try the two fingered rapid tapping on left half of screen while it is starting up, like a drum roll. Will still show the error message but when you click OK will be in one of the featured apps then can go back to main screen. Works with about 50% success rate.
    Boy, it that an interesting workaround!!!! But it appeared to work ONCE. I guess my drumming rhythms are not quite what it is looking for.
    03-23-12 11:32 AM
    Well now. It works at my work but not at home. They're only 3 or 4 miles apart. It now works on our Optimum connection at work, but not at home, which is through our FIOS.

And I saw an angry post upthread about the goons at RIM technical support. I use the term "goons" facetiously. In my experience, the people on the other end of the phone at RIM technical support have always been very courteous and open to suggestion. I have had issues over the years that had to be sometimes elevated. I am no programmer but I know enough that yeah, sometimes I am ahead of technical support. Happens all the time across devices and platforms that loyal users sometimes know more about their personal device than first-level tech support. But even when that happens, RIM has generally been good about elevating the matter and doing so in a timely fashion. I always get real support from RIM, even if its not as deep as I'd always like, so its easy for me to be cooperative and courteous in return, rather than combative. Part of my frustration with RIM is it really seems like a company whose corporate heart is in the right place, at least if you judge it by the quality of the people they employ. They just have these blind spots. Maybe these App World outages are confined to just the people who've posted here, but I doubt it, and RIM has a poor track record in communicating when something's amiss.
    03-23-12 12:47 PM
    Try the two fingered rapid tapping on left half of screen while it is starting up, like a drum roll. Will still show the error message but when you click OK will be in one of the featured apps then can go back to main screen. Works with about 50% success rate.
    Nice haha. Thats what i ended up doing but it hasnt gotten me to the games section yet. This is bunk, c'mon RIM! Fix your server so it stops telling me Appworld isnt available in my county (USA)
    03-23-12 12:50 PM
    It's not working for me here either in the UK as of yesterday. I had changed my PayPal payment info yesterday and assumed that that was what had mucked it up, but it seems that perhaps it's a service issue instead?

Anyone else in the UK having this problem?

Yep, I am, its been happening since last night.

I have tweeted @BlackBerryHelp
    03-23-12 01:39 PM
    Apparently world not working here in Oklahoma.
    03-23-12 04:47 PM
    Was unable to get in here in Halifax, tried a few minutes later and it worked. Be interesting to see if it works Again tomorrow.
    03-23-12 07:26 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD