I received a message to update my phone's App World to 3.0, but I'm seeing nothing but silence about whether 3.0 is available for the PlayBook. So, is it available somewhere, somehow?

Thanks!
    09-08-11 11:48 PM
    If i am correct, the appworld for the playbook, and the one for the phone are two different apps. Just having one update is not going to affect the other.
    09-09-11 12:38 AM
    I actually prefer the old app world. The new one is slow, less professional in looks (almost cartoon like), has to many layers, confusing, and laggy.
    09-09-11 12:43 AM
    I actually prefer the old app world. The new one is slow, less professional in looks (almost cartoon like), has to many layers, confusing, and laggy.
    i completely agree....i downloaded 3.0 from Beta Zone a week or so ago, and was utterly shocked and disappointed with the new interface

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 01:42 AM
    3.0 is ugly...old app world was much better and professional for a phone like Blackberry...
    09-09-11 06:05 AM
    Yeah, slow on my 9930. Am guessing really slow on older phones.
    Looks like iTunes.
    Whatever. I would prefer some good applications over a slick store interface.
    09-09-11 06:14 AM
    I dont agree guys, ive got a torch and think the new app world is a step in the right direction, it needed a revamp. You sound like a load of old people in a home saying nothings as good as it used to be!
    On my phone its not laggy at all and picked up the new feel quickly, it needed a change, embrace it, its day 2.
    dave_2611 likes this.
    09-09-11 06:42 AM
    i also like the new app world, its much quicker to get about even if loading is a second or 2 longer, but im not going to ask for that part of my life back.. as im a patient person lol
    09-09-11 06:49 AM
    I dont agree guys, ive got a torch and think the new app world is a step in the right direction, it needed a revamp. You sound like a load of old people in a home saying nothings as good as it used to be!
    On my phone its not laggy at all and picked up the new feel quickly, it needed a change, embrace it, its day 2.
    My mistake, it is awesome.
    09-09-11 06:55 AM
    I'll break it down:

- loading is slower
    - on my 9700 the words Games - Apps - Themes etc are cut in half as they don't fit vertically on my screen. Lazy formating.
    - when you click Games or Apps etc the format / look changes completely. No consistant design.
    - The larger icons are taking much longer to load.
    - The blue colour, where does rim use blue? Its not keeping with the blacks and greys. Look at Qnx.
    - A cheap knock off of QNX that TAT would be shaking their heads!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 07:17 AM
    I dont agree guys, ive got a torch and think the new app world is a step in the right direction, it needed a revamp.
    i agree, it looks way better now own my torch 1 then it did before the 3.0. imo it feels more professional now. a lot easier to discover new apps, and different type of apps.
    09-09-11 07:17 AM
    Hehehe, thanks for your comments, everyone.

I'm mainly interested in App World 3.0's alleged ability to clear out all of your old, "uninstalled" programs -- I'm getting pretty tired already of dealing with that list every time I try something and wind up tossing it....
    09-09-11 07:34 AM
    Ok so to get back on track, I would bet that there will be an app world update for the PB probably Sept 22nd when we get things like native email, android player and things
    Revord likes this.
    09-09-11 08:44 AM
    My mistake, it is awesome.

Im going to give you the credit here and presume you probably know it wouldnt even get through beta testing if it didnt work and that you know its more than likely its your device config thats causing that.

I picked up a new Z4 a few years ago and it had quite a series problem after getting it, does that mean they are rubbish cars?

Nope, it means mine one had a problem which was fixed after it was looked into.
    09-09-11 09:31 AM
    The only sign we've seen or heard of a new App World client for the PlayBook is the picture that showed the "native BBM" client, which was mentioned in another thread in the last week.

That image showed a little magnifying glass below the area where you view the app's screenshots, something that's not in the current version.

Aside from that, RIM's said nothing publicly and it's anyone's guess when it will be updated.
    Mojoski likes this.
    09-09-11 11:09 AM
    Im going to give you the credit here and presume you probably know it wouldnt even get through beta testing if it didnt work and that you know its more than likely its your device config thats causing that.
    Thanks, Name. It works, but it is slow. It hung like that for a while with good signal and on my brand new 9930, and it is not device config.

Whatever, I should stay out of this debate as I have little interest in games and so forth on my phone. That is what my Playbook is for.

Still confused by the iTunes like presentation.
    09-09-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD