CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,364 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default App Update Notifications

I noticed after the last update (1.0.5.x) that there are a couple of apps that continually notify me to update even though the apps are up to date. Tweedless is one of the apps, but a couple of others are doing the same (I'll report the specific apps the next time I get a notification).

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    PIN
    PlayBook size matters not ...

Even after you delete the notification, it will pop up again? Someone in another post suggested to look and see if there is a second instance of the app installed, delete both, then re-install. Not sure if this might help.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask

yup snowboarding and a few others i'll pay more attention next time they pop up i usually just x out the notification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    18,364 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Snowboarding was another one for me too. It's happening almost daily.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had problems with file browser doing that, then i realized i had the icon twice under all after a updated. Deleted them reinstalled been fine since.

Global Posts
    18,364 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I had two xtreme snowboarding and tweedless icons. I did a delete through appworld, then saw one of each. manually deleted them and reinstalled. I now have only one of each and haven't gotten the notification since.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

yeah! i have this same issue with like 7-8 apps. Will have to try to remove and re-install them like you guys have. Quite annoying to see this everytime I restart the PB.
    CrackBerry Genius

i get the exact opposite i never see notifications, well once in a blue moon one pops up that's it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't get notificatons for app updates pin:29401EDD add me if u can help
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

3-button reboot will fix it