Looking for an app that will allow me to connect to my home media network (like my PS3 or Boxee) and stream movies to the PB. Anything out there for this?
    11-26-11 07:13 PM
    I just enter the IP for my apache server and navigate to my music folder.
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-27-11 12:24 AM
    orb.com

You create an account and will be able to stream your entire video and audio library on your PB. The quality though for video is not great. Also you can download pictures and documents. It is free and works everywhere.
    wobly and Rickroller like this.
    11-27-11 01:23 AM
    The Stream Player lets you play progressively downloaded or streaming video. It supports multi-bit rate streaming and live video when used with a server that supports these features, such as Flash Media Server 3.5 or later.
    Also support playback of FLV and F4V file formats, as well as MP4-based container formats.

Please use full URL - including "http://" or "rtmp://" when entering address in url bar.

Supports local FLV files in "videos" directory

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/62679
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-27-11 02:48 AM
    I use TVersity with the the flashlib in my PB browser. Transcodes movies to flash and plays instantly. IMO better than ORB.
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-27-11 03:07 AM
    Does TVersity streams over the internet or over the local network?

Orb streams over the internet and is very useful when you are not at home. But is prone to connection speed let downs and the quality of the video transcoded in flash is largely dependent on the network speed.

I also look for a solution able to use my local network and not the internet. Also I would like to see a player able to play subtitles too.
    11-27-11 07:32 AM
    Sonicair, enough said, better than the rest and the developer for the app is very active on here. Check it out. There is a lengthy post on how to set it up and get better quality from it on here too.
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-27-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD