What methods of protection are RIM using to stop people sharing apps?

I'm not sure whether they would build something into App World so that when you download an app it's unique to 1 playbook or not. When you buy an app are you just buying licensing for 1 copy of the app?

Could someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks,
    Ollie
    05-07-11 06:13 AM
    pretty much non as far as i know there was a topic in the dev forums that when you backup your pb using the Desktop software the apps can be extracted from the backup file :/
    05-07-11 09:24 AM
    pretty much non as far as i know there was a topic in the dev forums that when you backup your pb using the Desktop software the apps can be extracted from the backup file :/
    Can you take this app and side install it in another playbook?

For instance, on Android platform, the app has an .apk extension and you can easily take the .apk file and install it on any android device.
    05-07-11 10:08 AM
    not sure if can but there were some swf extracted from the apps and uploaded to the net
    PS. here is the topic from the dev forum Apps can be extracted from the Playbook? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-07-11 10:21 AM
    They can be extracted due to the weakness in the backup as it stands, Im sure that hole will be closed pretty soon however. But to install it on another PB would involve repackaging it, signing it and uploading it through command line. Its not a very simple process.
    05-07-11 11:01 AM
    Indeed. The 'hole' is mostly a concern for developers who want their code to be secure. Pirating apps is probably hard enough right now to not be a huge problem. 'joe user' definitely won't be able to do it at this point.
    05-07-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD