i'm looking to buy the playbook to load school books onto but I don't want to unless I know there is an app I'm able to do it with. TIA!
    10-13-11 04:49 PM
    well...

I use my playbook for college...

I can view about 70% of my textbooks on the built-in adobe reader..
    PDFs with heavy images will simply go blank.

There are apps for .epub files thou.. haven't tried them yet.
    10-13-11 05:14 PM
    Yup, before you can make a decision on the tablet, you're going to have to find out what format your books are coming in.

I bought a textbook through coursesmart.com to read through the browser, doesn't work well at all. The rest of my readings are journal articles in .pdf form, I've printed them all because the .pdf reader on the PlayBook is junk.

If your books are epub, I've heard good things about a couple of the epub readers on AppWorld, but haven't tried them myself.
    10-13-11 05:40 PM
    Yup, before you can make a decision on the tablet, you're going to have to find out what format your books are coming in.

I bought a textbook through coursesmart.com to read through the browser, doesn't work well at all. The rest of my readings are journal articles in .pdf form, I've printed them all because the .pdf reader on the PlayBook is junk.

If your books are epub, I've heard good things about a couple of the epub readers on AppWorld, but haven't tried them myself.
    10-13-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD