Am I the only one who thinks those images on App world need to be bigger? Those previews are tiny, and sometimes useless. I can't imagine this to be a bandwidth issue. I was testing my dad's iPhone, and the app preview contained clear, high quality images, and it loaded fast on 3G. Even on RIM's website, the images are tiny.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-18-12 10:35 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks those images on App world need to be bigger? Those previews are tiny, and sometimes useless. I can't imagine this to be a bandwidth issue. I was testing my dad's iPhone, and the app preview contained clear, high quality images, and it loaded fast on 3G. Even on RIM's website, the images are tiny.
    There are so many things that needs to change on AppWorld - the picture issue is just a minor one...

It still doesn't look as if RIM is doing any checking at all for apps - they allow apps without proper description - they allow apps with english name and description - but turns out to be Spanish or other languages After downloading, they allow description meant for Phones to be used on Playbook apps,... and even worse - some apps have reviews that comes from the Phone version of the app...

Further - AppWorld makes a lot of trouble for developers when it comes to handling updates. Some issues are from bad info from RIM, but some are from a very very buggy AppWorld.

I also find it strange to see the same "latest releases" show for days - when we hear that hundreds of new apps are being released into AppWorld in the same period.
    "Top" apps/games also seems to be almost static.. does not change to much...
    Even a "flashlight" app gets prime spot - an app where description starts by stating how good it is since it utilizes the flash light of the phone and not the LED or screen...

I went through AppWorld - all categories - and counted apps... I wonder where RIM put them,.. I could not even count 1000 in total.... not even close to the official numbers.

The search function in AppWorld is also crazy... unless you know exact wording of the app - it can be hard to find it.

lately something changed - when clicking on a weblink to appworld including the language specification at the end- the app is not "found" on AppWorld... But typing in the name - it's there - or clicking a link without the language specified at the end - works as well...

or apps like "Bahamas" - supposed to be some streamin audio app,... but in details it tells about well it is IOS5 tested - how it works in the background.. the app is free - but in details it say "Buy Bahamas now bl abla bla,.. and say it streams directly to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad"... Nothing about Playbook

Some Android apps are just quick ports from some android phone versions and are not calibrated for the Playbooks screen - and show text on only a part of the screen... These apps should either be in its own category in AppWorld - or at least the description should say something about it - especially on pay-only apps...

HOW DID THESE APPS GET APPROVED????
    RIM must be sleeping,....

There are sooooo many issues....
    mccants89, s7khan and bbfan1040 like this.
    03-18-12 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD