When Google+ came out (and even before that), I thought to myself, there's no way I'm going to update my status in Facebook and then go over and update it in Google+ as well... and/or Twitter.

Does PlayBook have a good app for updating your status and then having the option for what services you'd like to post to?
    06-15-12 08:54 PM
    (and a related question: Is there an app for BB7 that does that well?)
    06-15-12 08:54 PM
    Nope unfortunately there isn't one. I just tweeted Alec Saunders and Michael Clewley yesterday, said that social feeds (in BB6 onwards) should be included in BB10/Playbook OS.

As far as I know, social feeds can send to a number of social networks.
    - facebook
    - twitter
    - windows live
    - gtalk
    - BBM
    - AIM
    - Yahoo

There's only a Google+ app, but it's not really as good as the native twitter or facebook app.
    06-15-12 09:16 PM
    That's kind of crazy that no one has created a PlayBook app to be able to make unified status updates to Facebook/Twitter/Google+. Wow.

I'm trying to avoid the temptation since I need to shift my focus to learning BB10

Thanks!
    06-15-12 09:22 PM
    Can you also add foursquare on that?
    06-16-12 01:05 AM
    There is an app called facade premium. It's an android port. Not a great one but will do the job for twitter, Facebook and linked in. BTW its actually free on Android but paid application here on PB.
    Also check out Proinsights for linked in. Really cool app. Little laggy though.
    06-16-12 02:54 AM
    That's kind of crazy that no one has created a PlayBook app to be able to make unified status updates to Facebook/Twitter/Google+. Wow.

I'm trying to avoid the temptation since I need to shift my focus to learning BB10

Thanks!
    RIM still didnt have the APIs complete for notificitions and such so people looking to write apps like those might be holding off. These would also benefit most from cascades IMO
    06-16-12 05:22 AM
    There is HootSuite, but I'm nor sure how unified it is.
    06-16-12 09:49 PM
    There's also socialscope on beta. Handles twitter, facebook, flickr, foursquare.
    06-27-12 10:59 PM
    Google hasn't released G+ API as far as I know...
    06-27-12 11:20 PM
    There's also socialscope on beta. Handles twitter, facebook, flickr, foursquare.
    SociaScope has a playbook app?
    06-28-12 01:19 AM
    (and a related question: Is there an app for BB7 that does that well?)
    For Os7+ I use UberSocial. It does what I need it to, but I also don't post to G+ or Linkedin from it, just Facebook/Twitter. It's a very nice app, and free (ad version).

edit - I just ran through the options and it does connect to Google Talk (guessing that's not the same as G+), but there is not an option for LinkedIn.
    Last edited by TerribleTim68; 06-28-12 at 12:32 PM.
    06-28-12 12:28 PM
    Wow, really? There's go Google+ API? That's so un-Google, everything they do has an API!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-28-12 12:55 PM
    Huh?

https://developers.google.com/+/api/
    06-28-12 01:08 PM
    You are correct, and I was wrong. Google has released a limited API.
    06-28-12 01:39 PM
    06-28-12 04:58 PM
    Daniel check out this post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ne-app-724196/

I posted free version. try it out. but now it is only Bar file because It takes days for BB to approve it in AppWorld.

you can install bar file using various method.
    One way is here.

PlayBook App Manager
    06-28-12 11:57 PM
    Nice! Looking forward to trying it out. I'll wait until it's available in App World.
    06-29-12 10:58 AM
    Nice! Looking forward to trying it out. I'll wait until it's available in App World.
    Daniel it is LIVE in Appworld.

Check out from my website here
    Facade --- Simple. Social.
    07-02-12 11:30 AM
    this is an android port correct?
    07-02-12 11:40 AM
    this is an android port correct?
    Yes. I mentioned that on first few lines of the description in the post here. "New App Facade...."

I guessed it matters to folks here so it is top lines.
    07-02-12 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD