Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree11Likes
  • 10 Post By Nelis
  1. Nelis's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default App needed asap

    Hey guys, I have a preventative maintenance company for restaurants. Now, I use a form that I went to down what I did and the customer signs the forms. Is there an app for the pb that they can sign the form digitally?

    Thx
  2. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,488 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
    Hey guys, I have a preventative maintenance company for restaurants. Now, I use a form that I went to download what I did, and have that customer can signs said forms. Is there an app for the pb that they can sign the form digitally?

    Thx
    Sorry but there is nothing like that for the PB. Cool idea that for sure.
  3. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,988 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    you could use some of the sideloaded apps...

    but from what i know they are not 'signing' apps, but only 'handwriting' apps

    You can try using SKIT to get the signature, but im not sure if you can apply it to the document.

    EDIT: i know JOTSY says you can 'annotate' PDF files, but im not sure if this is by handwriting on them or how it works bc i havent set it up. you may want to try that. it is a free native app.
    Last edited by FSeverino; 04-03-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    Thanked by:
    Nelis (04-03-2012) 
  4. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I havent gotten a stylus yet. I am planning to trying to use it with docs2go and/or adobe. Rim put out an app or the source code rather to capture a sig. Might beable to copy it into a document. I'm looking into this myself for when I sell/buy cattle, hay, or farm equipment.
    It's one thing for the world to think your a dullard and another to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Thanked by:
    Nelis (04-03-2012) 
  5. don_poky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    146 Posts
    PIN
    blah
    #5  

    Default

    Digital Signature for PB and bb smartphone available since long. use stylus for better signature

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    http://www.bbin.in

    9900, 9220, PB 64GB, BlackBerry® Z10 LE, BlackBerry® Dev C
    Thanked by:
    Nelis (04-03-2012) 
  6. Nelis's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drbeezus View Post
    Speak english
    Why would you post a comment like that? I started that thread late last night on my pb, typing isn't easy with big fingers and some words got changed. Next time if you don't have anything positive to add to a really simple question I will recommend you to keep your mouth shut. You are supposed to help, not criticize. And what if I didn't speak English very good, wouldn't it be better to try and help??


    Thx for the replies
    Thanked by 2:
    DAnklaud (04-03-2012),  KermEd (04-03-2012) 
    blusls, pmccartney, Barljo and 7 others like this.
  7. cletis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by don_poky View Post
    Digital Signature for PB and bb smartphone available since long. use stylus for better signature

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    That app is certainly intriguing -- but is there legal precedent establishing its legitimacy/acceptance? The vendor states that "[t]he digital signature is the electronic equivalent of an ID," but what courts have indicated that they will accept it? After all, it is a digital representation of a written signature, not ink on paper.

    We know that UPS has been using a similar scheme for years, but that is part of a proprietary business process, and not a legal contract, so I don't see that as any kind of precedent for this.
  8. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cletis View Post
    That app is certainly intriguing -- but is there legal precedent establishing its legitimacy/acceptance? The vendor states that "[t]he digital signature is the electronic equivalent of an ID," but what courts have indicated that they will accept it? After all, it is a digital representation of a written signature, not ink on paper.

    We know that UPS has been using a similar scheme for years, but that is part of a proprietary business process, and not a legal contract, so I don't see that as any kind of precedent for this.
    I'm real certain that a digital signature is legal and binding. Any time an ID needs to be extablished a photo I.D is required. The signature just shows you received whatever your signing.
    A couple of examples is, when I bought my tractor I financed it thru John Deere. The paperwork was done at dealership faxed to the bank. My driver's license was used to prove my identy. After approval I signed the contract on a digital pad not on the contract. When you apply for a lowes or home depot card you have to show picture I.D. When you use the card you sign a digital pad.
    In the OP's case I'm sure when he gets to the building he checks in with the manager. I'm just not believing he's showing up and going straight to work and then getting first person he sees to sign his work order.
    Never will ink and paper ever replace picture I.Ds.
    It's one thing for the world to think your a dullard and another to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  9. cletis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 13echo4 View Post
    I'm real certain that a digital signature is legal and binding. Any time an ID needs to be extablished a photo I.D is required. The signature just shows you received whatever your signing....Never will ink and paper ever replace picture I.Ds.
    Let's be precise; the term "digital signature" already has a well-defined meaning in the realm of computer encryption/authentication. Let's call this a digitally-captured written signature, just to avoid confusion. (My confusion, at least.) Now, a photo ID is NOT an equivalent to a written signature. An ID establishes identity, while a signature establishes legal intent/consent/approval/acknowledgement/etc. The ID is also used to prove that identity instantaneously, whereas a signature establishes intent quasi-permanently.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13echo4 View Post
    A couple of examples is, when I bought my tractor I financed it thru John Deere. The paperwork was done at dealership faxed to the bank. My driver's license was used to prove my identy. After approval I signed the contract on a digital pad not on the contract. When you apply for a lowes or home depot card you have to show picture I.D. When you use the card you sign a digital pad.
    The second example, that of signing a credit card authorization on a screen as opposed to paper, doesn't apply here, because that is a payment transaction, and behind that signature-capturing screen is a payment service provider. The OP is not looking for a way to capture a signature for the purpose of an individual retail purchase, but instead for more of a contract-signing process. And the tractor purchase example sounds like it might be just that. There, your signature was a legal agreement to a contract, not a promise to pay using a specific credit card or other payment mechanism. I wonder what kind of processing was going on behind that screen, and how much one would have to pay to whom to use such a process.
  10. Nelis's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    i tried the one app, digital signature, it works ok but you dont really have an option to place it where you want to, just general options. for eg: top-right, top-left, bottom-right etc. looks a bit weird on the paper but good idea though.
  11. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cletis View Post
    Let's be precise; the term "digital signature" already has a well-defined meaning in the realm of computer encryption/authentication. Let's call this a digitally-captured written signature, just to avoid confusion. (My confusion, at least.) Now, a photo ID is NOT an equivalent to a written signature. An ID establishes identity, while a signature establishes legal intent/consent/approval/acknowledgement/etc. The ID is also used to prove that identity instantaneously, whereas a signature establishes intent quasi-permanently.



    The second example, that of signing a credit card authorization on a screen as opposed to paper, doesn't apply here, because that is a payment transaction, and behind that signature-capturing screen is a payment service provider. The OP is not looking for a way to capture a signature for the purpose of an individual retail purchase, but instead for more of a contract-signing process. And the tractor purchase example sounds like it might be just that. There, your signature was a legal agreement to a contract, not a promise to pay using a specific credit card or other payment mechanism. I wonder what kind of processing was going on behind that screen, and how much one would have to pay to whom to use such a process.
    You will never be identified by your signature. Your signature just states you received said services or agree to the terms.
    I remembered another example. Every time I upgrade my phone, for the 2 year agreement I have to sign the pad not paper contract.
    I don't understand what you mean by how much someone has to pay for that service. The signature is data transferred to the holder of the contract in which it will be applied to the contract. In the future if a disagreement comes up they can print it off bring it into court and show where you signed in understanding and agreement. The signature in no way I.Ds you.
    To me digital I.D is used like say a finger scanner. You sign a word an the program checks the signature against the signature you set it up with.
    Here's a final example at the weak case of a signature to make an I.D. My bank requires me to scan my thumb print to cash my own check. After which they have my driver license in their hand, account info on the check I went to school with the teller but still have to scan my thumb.
    Signing for services received isn't a contract. Its a sign off. It just states services was completed. Your example of ups. You just sign that you received pkg. Often times they just leave it on the step unless the sender requires a signature.
    I deliver farm equipment several times a year. I always have someone sign a form I typed up stating the equipment was delivered and not damaged. That keeps someone saying I never delivered it or they damage it soon after delivery and accusing me.
    It's one thing for the world to think your a dullard and another to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posting Permissions