View Poll Results: Would you like to see an "Applock" API released for BB Playbook?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
    I know this was posted a while back, but my question is how we can we move this forward.

EVERY decent OS including Blackberry themselves on their phones have an applock option atleast via 3rd party software. There are many uses for this feature 2 main ones that come to mind are so that the device can safely be lent to someone without them accessing your private emails or files, or for when the kids use it for gaming but I dont want them buying apps or browsing unattended.

I have been in contact with developers and they have advised that the reason there is no such app is because BB havent released an API. The question is WHY? What could possibly be the reasoning behind this? I am assuming it isnt to do with encryption and security, because these softwares are available on the BB phones.

How can I find out this info? If they havent released because they are planning to integrate this feature into BB10 perhaps with different user accounts etc. then that would be fantastic and I am happy to invest now and wait for that feature, but if they simply dont find this feature needed, we really need to send the message!

For someone like myself this is a real deal breaker.
    09-08-12 04:56 PM
    PlayBook will probably get it when it gets BB10. It's going to be the neglected child until the BB10 devices launch...
    09-08-12 08:40 PM
    PlayBook will probably get it when it gets BB10. It's going to be the neglected child until the BB10 devices launch...
    Its not on bb10 either afaik, btw what are you trying to lock?
    09-08-12 09:04 PM
    I have been in contact with developers and they have advised that the reason there is no such app is because BB havent released an API. The question is WHY? What could possibly be the reasoning behind this?
    Assuming it's not in BB10 at launch, and we don't know if it will be, the simple answer to "WHY?" is "higher priorities".

There's a big honking long list of features to be added, and they can't add ALL of them and ever ship the thing...
    09-08-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD