I know for BB phones there are some apps that enable you to password protect access to certain apps you want to keep secure. Is there anything like this available for the PB? Thanks!
    11-25-11 09:29 PM
    I don't know what you mean by 'app' .. security
    but there are apps that hide files and make files private (password protect):
    In appWorld see:
    FILE SHIELD
    FILE EXPERT -ZIP AND FILE UTILITY

If all else fails you can keep your secret stuff in SECRET DIARY FOR BB
    11-25-11 10:23 PM
    Thanks, but I'm just looking for a way to block access to certain apps without a password. Not sure if this exists, though.
    11-26-11 07:33 AM
    It does not exist and cannot yet be added by any third party developers. You should try to make that request of RIM, so they understand the use case and can consider adding support to allow that in future releases, either by themselves or by supporting APIs to let third party developers do that.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    11-26-11 07:44 AM
    ok, will do. Thanks!
    11-26-11 04:52 PM
    It does not exist and cannot yet be added by any third party developers. You should try to make that request of RIM, so they understand the use case and can consider adding support to allow that in future releases, either by themselves or by supporting APIs to let third party developers do that.
    I think that what is needed is multiple user profiles on the device. I would not be at all surprised if OS2 includes some of this capability in order to protect corporate assets from unauthorized users. I seem to recall some talk at DevCon about the ability to manage App World so that corporate users would have access to their suite of "private" apps. One would think that RIM's corporate clients would insist on the ability to protect this zone from casual users. Allowing the device's administrator to set up secondary accounts with limited permissions would accomplish this feat nicely.
    11-27-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD