I'm a landlord and I am looking for an app where I can record rent payments received and work done on each apartment in the building.

Does anyone know of an app that would work for this?

Thanks.
    03-15-12 02:03 PM
    I manage 12 properties and use an excel spreadsheet. DocsToGo should be good no?
    03-15-12 02:21 PM
    It's easiest to do an Excel spread sheet that way you can configure it any way you want.
    03-15-12 03:01 PM
    Thats what I was going to suggest as well.
    03-15-12 03:02 PM
    I don't know if they will work in the android player, but there are several landlord apps in the google market.
    03-15-12 03:15 PM
    I rent out houses too. I also use excel. I keep name, ssi, driver license number of my renters according to address. Easiest way I found. Excel plays nice with windows and BB.
    03-15-12 04:59 PM
    guys, OP is not an id1ot, I'm sure he/she knows about excel and has decided on something else.

OP: I don't think there's anything like that designed for the PB; sounds like you're looking for more of a database program than a spreadsheet program.
    03-16-12 02:38 AM
    Maybe worth reposting in the Apps forum? If there isn't an existing App, asking if any Dev is interested in talking to you might be worth a try.

I've seen occasional posts from Devs in there asking for App ideas they could work on.
    03-16-12 03:12 AM
    I rent out houses too. I also use excel. I keep name, ssi, driver license number of my renters according to address. Easiest way I found. Excel plays nice with windows and BB.
    I hope you keep that data encrypted with a strong password lest you open yourself up to a world of legal hurt when any of that data ends up in the wrong hands.
    03-16-12 05:44 AM
    Not to change the subject but there's both federal and state laws that prohibit you from copying and holding personal information such as SS#
    03-16-12 06:55 AM
    Have you thought about trying a web based billing application such as Property Management Software by DoorSwap.com ?
    03-16-12 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD