I'm building a app for android and have a playbook want to ask is there any point in port my app would any one use it or is it pointless ?

My app is where you can set start time and end time and days of the week and when it gets to the start time it will mute your device automatically and when it hits the end time it will un mute it would any one use this if i ported it to playbook when im finished building it for android first?
    Last edited by sean92; 05-27-12 at 02:24 PM.
    05-27-12 02:13 PM
    if you build it for andriod porting will only take a few minutes once you have the andriod porting software. You will only need to repackage it so no 'extra' work will be required by you. I think this app will be more useful when BB 10 rolls around since PlayBook doesnt have 'phone capabilities just yet'

For more information on repackaging your app for PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 OS see.. https://developer.blackberry.com/android/
    05-27-12 02:16 PM
    i meant to say device not phone, it can be used to silence your device going into college or work or whatever, but wasn't sure if it be useful to anyone using a playbook, ile probley put it on when bb 10 comes out.
    05-27-12 02:26 PM
    If You build it I will load it. Sounds like a good premise to build an app to auto silence device for meetings.
    05-27-12 04:09 PM
    I don't think you can silence the PlayBook from the Android player.
    But in general, if an android app will work on the PlayBook, there's no reason NOT to convert it.
    Heck, if you just don't want to deal with RIM's signing keys or getting an App World account, I'll convert it put it in there for you if you'd like.
    05-27-12 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD