I'm looking for a decent multi-track recorder for Playbook, anything good out there, that works correctly? Something similar to Audacity for PB would be really nice! Caustic2 is interesting, but won't allow you to record a real musical instrument and add it to the digital instruments it has available, and I need to be able to record real musical instruments in a multi-track format, and perhaps then add other synths and drums etc.. to it from a program like Caustic2. So is there anything like that for the PB yet? Thanks.
    Herve5 likes this.
    08-22-12 12:13 AM
    Hmm, it's written in c++ and open source, so maybe someone would even be willing to port it.
    08-23-12 10:03 PM
    I tried iSequence'n'Loop. It's pretty basic, doesn't let you change levels during playback and has no editor. The guys who made Nodebeat did some work fixing audio latency problems and made the fix open source so maybe someone will pick it up and do something.

The other problem is getting sounds onto the PB. While the PB mikes are pretty good there is currently no way to plug a stereo instrument into it. Maybe a USB interface will work if the playbook ever gets USB host.
    08-23-12 10:54 PM
    I have ported cool edit version 1 by syntrillium software for my playbook.. It is the best audio waveform editor, but does not support MP3 or multi tracking. I cannot share it because the source code now belongs to adobe (Adobe Audition) I am working on A Multi-track recorder from open source, but not having much luck - latency is all over the place so the wavs fall out of time.
    Many thanx crackberry for the side loading tools & playtorrent.. I'll post my app as soon as I get some stabillity
    joski likes this.
    09-15-12 09:55 AM
    Has anyone found anything new here? I'm just looking for a basic multi-track recorder to do very basic demos with guitar and vocals. Thanks!
    01-04-13 05:52 PM
    Nothing even close. I have been looking ever since I got my PlayBook.
    sleekskyline120 likes this.
    01-04-13 06:32 PM
    I would also love a good multi-track recording app.
    If you are just looking to have some fun creating music, check out these programs in your browser:

AudioSauna
    AudioTool
    Soundation Studio
    Otomata
    Tone Matrix
    01-04-13 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD