I am a longtime member of deviantART (mastermayhem on deviantART) and although the site loads just fine on the Playbook, the drag and drop to "collect" images is sorta broken on the device's browser. By broken, I mean that anytime I scroll, it thinks I'm attempting to "collect" the image and drops down a huge window that is a pain to make retract.

There has been a small collection of people that have wanted a deviantART app for Blackberry devices for a few years now, but nothing has come from it. The Crackberry App has made browsing this site way more bearable that using the browser. I'm wondering if there was any interest (beyond my own) for a deviantART app to be written.

I don't know the first thing about writing apps, but I know that I would be willing to pay for an app that allows me to read my messages, view my devWatch and browse the site a lot more smoothly.

I'm just tossing this out to see if 1) anyone else is interested and 2) if anyone feels like accepting the challenge.
    07-01-11 10:24 PM
    I'd love a DA app.
    07-02-11 01:29 PM
    I would too
    07-02-11 01:40 PM
    I agree that a DA app would be fantastic
    (phuki on deviantART)
    07-02-11 04:39 PM
    Whenever I scroll through images the site thinks I'm trying to add them to my favorites. An app would be awesome!
    07-03-11 04:21 AM
    Please please
    02-17-13 09:42 AM
    I would like it. I like to change my wallpaper lots and get lots from their so just make sure I can save the images. While you're at it make one for Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 08:16 AM
    any update on this?
    02-21-13 01:02 AM
    can anyone else package something like this up?
    02-26-13 09:35 PM
    Deviant Art is like crack for some people. From a legal and digital media rights perspective however, I'm not so sure.
    02-28-13 01:44 AM
    would there be any difference in an app that views the pictures or going to the website? seems the same to me
    02-28-13 07:35 PM
    I'm sure it would be simple enough, IF DeviantArt has the API's for it, and a big part of things would be I'm sure permission would need to be obtained.
    02-28-13 09:52 PM
    It could be CSS wrapped on PB side.
    Or if it has tapatalk api that can be leveraged.

Or static predictable links can be built out if they exist.

If it has an iOS/Android app, that can be leveraged for source.

But yes, experience could be better than just the site. But its a heck-of-an undertaking

via Tapatalk
    03-01-13 03:23 AM
    I got $5 to donate for time if you want more, then only you and I get exclusive rights to it.
    03-01-13 07:14 PM
    Lol!!!

Well, this type of app is best suited for Shane (scrid2000). I can poke them to see what they have. I hear they have a mobile app for iOS Android *AND* they are collecting a poll on their site to see if there is a big market for mobile users.

It would be tough for me to free up time. But maybe I can dig around and see what is already out there.

via Tapatalk
    03-01-13 09:35 PM
    03-01-13 10:03 PM
    I'd definitely like to see a DA app for BB10

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    03-01-13 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD