Certainly not every time, but I am seeing crashes in the messaging app when using a bridge connection.

One thing I see consistently is, if I click on a message and the message content is not available, the messaging app seems to "hang." If I close the app, and try to reopen it, I often get the black "BB" screen as it loads, only to have the app crash and close itself with no error message.

This is fairly easy to replicate if I swipe up while the app is on the black screen and let the PB sit in the multitasking view.

Anyone else seeing crashes when using messaging?
    05-16-11 10:11 AM
    Nope, haven't seen this even once!
    05-16-11 10:13 AM
    I leave it running all the time and it has been flawless.
    05-16-11 12:01 PM
    Fo me, and this just started happening, but if I launch BBM, I can't launch any other bridged apps. If I close BBM and launch mail, again I can't launch a second bridged app. this continues with what ever app I launch first. I've attempted to remove the bridge, delete the bluetooth connections and start over from scratch.

Anyone else seeing this?
    05-16-11 12:07 PM
    I've been having trouble with the message application since just a few days after receiving my 64gb playbook. After having spent hours on the phone with support the problem still hasn't been resolved. Support has been very nice and responsive but the problem is not yet resolved. When going into the application, it just hangs up, going in between a gray screen and the two column white screen.

The rest of the bridge apps work quite nicely.
    05-16-11 12:25 PM
    Fo me, and this just started happening, but if I launch BBM, I can't launch any other bridged apps. If I close BBM and launch mail, again I can't launch a second bridged app. this continues with what ever app I launch first. I've attempted to remove the bridge, delete the bluetooth connections and start over from scratch.

Anyone else seeing this?
    I used to have that problem, but only after installing the Bridge app on my phone, and prior to rebooting the phone after the app install. Try rebooting both and see if it resolves your issues.
    05-16-11 12:26 PM
    Nope only issue I occasionally get is the second weird looking password screen. Are you running an official OS, or some hybrid? It seems like a lot of people having issues with bridge were people running hybrid OS's and when they went back to official it fixed the issue. Also try the pair/unpair and cycle thing others are saying.
    05-16-11 01:02 PM

Anyone else seeing this?
    update: this is a problem only when i have the pod cast app open. i was downloading several pod casts; not sure if its the app or the number of downloads in the pod cast app. still going to run some tests but if anyone else wants to test ... open the pod cast app, start a couple of downloads then try and open two bridge apps.

i should add, all OS and RIM official and all apps are also RIM approved.
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 05-16-11 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added extra info
    05-16-11 04:15 PM
    Nope only issue I occasionally get is the second weird looking password screen. Are you running an official OS, or some hybrid? It seems like a lot of people having issues with bridge were people running hybrid OS's and when they went back to official it fixed the issue. Also try the pair/unpair and cycle thing others are saying.
    Everything is running native out of the box. I'll try a few unpairs / re-pairs as well as a variety of reboots and see if it helps.
    05-16-11 06:20 PM
    Certainly not every time, but I am seeing crashes in the messaging app when using a bridge connection.

One thing I see consistently is, if I click on a message and the message content is not available, the messaging app seems to "hang." If I close the app, and try to reopen it, I often get the black "BB" screen as it loads, only to have the app crash and close itself with no error message.

This is fairly easy to replicate if I swipe up while the app is on the black screen and let the PB sit in the multitasking view.

Anyone else seeing crashes when using messaging?
    Getting the same problem. BBM doesn't work properly with my playbook. The BB screen that looks like leather then the program crash.

Also when I'm "connected", I can't go directly to the messages through the notifications of the status bar, its the same, crash.
    05-18-11 12:13 AM
    If I attempt to delete too many messages at one time (different number each time but more than 3), it crashes the messenger app, locking down my Style and PB. I called tech support the first day it happened (day after launch), but they were useless.

Hope tomorrow's software update fixes Bridge app issues.
    05-18-11 10:07 PM
    don't make complain against rim or pb; otherwise you are troll. any comment which is not a praise is trolling. but then my bridge is still garbage quality. nowhere near professional grade. what is professional in this tablet?
    05-19-11 08:44 AM
    don't make complain against rim or pb; otherwise you are troll. any comment which is not a praise is trolling. but then my bridge is still garbage quality. nowhere near professional grade. what is professional in this tablet?
    Oh just STFU will you...every single post of yours regarding the pb is the same old **** time and time again...arent you getting bored of that same old record??.

If it isnt professional grade enough for u then why do u still have one??

Anyhow i noticed last night in my BBM when bridged that it hung a few times ie i brought up the keyboard and started typing away but no letters appeared on my screen which i found pretty weird....closing the BBM app down then restarting it fixed that problem...found it happens if you have a few chats going on at the same time....not a real big deal as its still useable for me although slow.
    05-19-11 09:03 AM
    hahaha look the troll killer is angry ..same old is coming out because same old is still around, not resolved.
    i am waiting for the upgrade, i just buy it for curiosity though - thought it will be a good companion to my torch. will trade it with maybe a galaxy tab.
    the bridge works sometime, but you need to shut down both cell and pb, restart, reconnect etc.
    05-19-11 09:11 AM
    hahaha look the troll killer is angry ..same old is coming out because same old is still around, not resolved.
    i am waiting for the upgrade, i just buy it for curiosity though - thought it will be a good companion to my torch. will trade it with maybe a galaxy tab.
    the bridge works sometime, but you need to shut down both cell and pb, restart, reconnect etc.
    Hardly lol...i wish i was the troll killer because you would be the first on my hitlist.

What upgrade are you waiting for??...the upgrade that makes it a professional grade tablet in your eyes?? lol lol lol....some hilarious stuff comes from u my friend.

My bridge works flawlessly all the time...sure last night i had to restart my bbm bridge app but i didnt and havent as of yet had to shutdown either my cell or pb then restart then reconnect....mine connects perfectly fine all the time.
    05-19-11 09:20 AM
    well i need quality and consistency to be professional. bridge problem is widespread and its real. browser is also so-so.
    but then when people complains, you, or other trolls will always say : it works in mine, 100% of the time! no problem at all!
    that makes you a local troll just the same, defending his beloved trinkets from possible smear campaign.
    my bridge connects just fine but the browser just show error. the blue line never gets to the end.
    05-19-11 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD