[Another] Where are the App World apps? [thread]
Can anyone enlighten me why there is hardly any PB Apps compared to iOS or Android, surely if there were more Apps available then the PB would be more lucrative, I also want to know why they are so much more expensive, Splashtop for iOS & Android is only £3.00 but for PB it's £7.00 :-(
- 12-18-12, 09:09 AM #2
Someone needs basic economics etc. explaining.
However, imagine this. You go to a car dealer to buy a new car. You see three cars, one is expensive and nicely made with all the trimmings. The second is not quite so finely made but has all the gadgets you would need and is a bit cheaper than the first one.
Then there is the third. Its smaller than the other two, its nicely made but has no engine or wheels and no accessories. It also costs nearly as much as the first one.
So which one of the three do you buy?
Thats basically the reason the Playbook doesnt get the apps. Morons ruined it.
- 12-18-12, 10:11 AM #4
Re: [Another] Where are the App World apps? [thread]
Two gaps go into the prove difference:
1) Volume. When SplashTop first came out, I think they were a little more expensive than they are now (on other platforms). But, they also ran a larger audience on iOS and Android. The larger audience means the app actually had better profits with the lower price. If not as many people are buying on Playbook, it will take much longer to make a profit at the lower price.
2) Competition. How many remote apps are on Playbook? My favorite is RDM+. That is pretty much a direct competitor to SplashTop. Other then those two, how many more are there?
On Android, RDP clients are everywhere. I can think of six or seven of them right off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are many more. For SplashTop to stay profitable, they have to price competitively. If they have the same price as they do on Playbook, they would sell less since many of the other choices cost less.
With the current PlayBook OS, there isn't as large a volume, and not much competition. Hopefully, BB10 will start to change that. We should see more apps, and as more users start to buy BB10 devices, there should be more competitive pricing. That should also help things on the PlayBook side one it also gets BB10.
- By xiPhoneguy in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-05-09, 01:44 PM
- By flamingkitties in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 12Last Post: 04-05-09, 05:03 PM
- By wmscottmc in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-09, 10:33 AM
- By wmscottmc in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-09, 10:04 AM
- By teslas in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-08, 10:26 PM