On May 3, 2011 RIM said Rovio was working on Angry Birds for the Blackberry Playbook and have no word since then. Can anyone give us a good update on this situation?
    08-06-11 04:47 PM
    Aren't they on twitter? You could ask them directly if they are.

Also, did you give this a try? Angry Birds Chrome I hope it works, I can't test myself as RIM is still to release the PB in Brasil ��.
    08-06-11 04:51 PM
    I didn't even know Rovio was working on it.

I guess they weren't happy with sales? We'll just have to wait for the Android Player.
    08-06-11 05:00 PM
    This was disclosed at BlackBerry World in May...not sure what's going on. B1aize actually tweeted Kevin to see if he can get an update on this at BB7Fannight...
    08-06-11 07:02 PM
    Moved to Apps and Games
    08-06-11 08:37 PM
    Aren't they on twitter? You could ask them directly if they are.

Also, did you give this a try? Angry Birds Chrome I hope it works, I can't test myself as RIM is still to release the PB in Brasil ��.
    I have asked them twice... once they said "summer". a couple months later i asked if they could give any info about a launch date, and they said, "no, we cannot"

P.S. the version for Chrome does not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 08:44 PM
    There's a bar file floating around for a pretty good version of Angry birds. In fact, I'd like to know who made the package to see if using GPU rendering would help speed it up at all. I noticed in the bar file that it's set to auto, and I'm just curious if it would help. I'd change it myself, but didn't really feel like ripping into that project at the time.
    08-07-11 01:18 AM
    There's a bar file floating around for a pretty good version of Angry birds. In fact, I'd like to know who made the package to see if using GPU rendering would help speed it up at all. I noticed in the bar file that it's set to auto, and I'm just curious if it would help. I'd change it myself, but didn't really feel like ripping into that project at the time.
    I'm no programmer, but I am nosy... I looked inside the angry birds BAR file (if its the vietnamese version we're talking about) and there is not much in there, other than a swf file, and the app icon itself with some playbook xml files. If we could somehow *cough*repackage*cough* the chrome version into a bar file, that would be sweet!

EDIT: Digging in the xml file, I find the "copyright" goes to http://www.bbkeeper.net/apps/ or louis.keeper at gmail.com that might be the guy who compiled it... ^^

told ya i was nosy...
    Last edited by mikelcal; 08-07-11 at 04:43 AM. Reason: New information found
    08-07-11 04:26 AM
    Lawsuit anyone? :/
    08-07-11 12:31 PM
    This site says they contacted RIM to ask about Angry Birds and got a response indicating this summer. Take it for what its worth.

http://www.theberryfix.com/angry-bir...summer-release
    Last edited by soul2k; 08-07-11 at 12:42 PM. Reason: wrong URL
    08-07-11 12:41 PM
    just wondering, is playbook is the only tablet that doesn't have angry bird?...
    08-07-11 01:32 PM
    Rovio doesn't comment on projects in development, but it would sure be nice to know they are still developing.
    08-07-11 01:41 PM
    I think a lot hinges on the NDK. If the beta is available then Rovio is probably working on it. Otherwise they may be hanging back waiting on the Android Player to be released. I swear I'm ready for Fall to get here so I can stop hearing "Summer" for when everything is supposed to be released.
    08-08-11 07:48 AM
    Hopefully it comes soon.. I just convinced my wife to trade my old 3gs 32gb straight up for a playbook 16 gb.

eeek.

Luckily i have my POS iphone 4 for her to continue playing angry birds until then.
    08-10-11 10:26 PM
    I think a lot hinges on the NDK. If the beta is available then Rovio is probably working on it. Otherwise they may be hanging back waiting on the Android Player to be released. I swear I'm ready for Fall to get here so I can stop hearing "Summer" for when everything is supposed to be released.
    True, but I'm sure Rovio was given an alpha version of the NDK awhile ago (a la Electronic Arts). I wonder if all the supposed "summer" releases like PIM and the android player will be staggered or all be in one giant OS update.
    08-10-11 11:59 PM
    True, but I'm sure Rovio was given an alpha version of the NDK awhile ago (a la Electronic Arts). I wonder if all the supposed "summer" releases like PIM and the android player will be staggered or all be in one giant OS update.
    Well they only have 41 days of summer left. I hope we aren't waiting till September 20th for all this stuff.
    08-11-11 08:59 AM
    This app is going to be yesterdays news before it hits the PB.

Besides, it looks like Rovio has found something else to do.

Tim

Angry Birds developer Rovio gets into baby products | Reuters

Angry Birds developer Rovio is getting into baby products after the Finnish company's foray into toys paid off.

Angry Birds has over 40 million players each month and it's one of the top apps on Apple Inc's mobile platform. But Rovio has also sold roughly 7 million Angry Birds toys and gets a "sizable proportion" of its revenue from licensing and merchandising, according to Ville Heijari, vice president of franchise development.

"Rovio's core business is games but licensing/merchandising is one of the fastest growing parts of the company," Heijari told Reuters, adding that this part of the business is profitable
    08-11-11 09:11 AM
    Angry Birds developer Rovio is getting into baby products after the Finnish company's foray into toys paid off.
    And this would be different than Angry Birds how?
    08-11-11 09:25 AM
    And this would be different than Angry Birds how?
    What??? You lost me...did you read the article?

Baby stuff vs game software?????

Tim
    08-11-11 11:43 AM
    I don't think they're going to stop producing the game and only make toys, since the game is what is feeding the interest in the toys...
    08-11-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD