Of course Microsoft shelled out tons of money at Rovio once again just like the first Angry Birds. Come on MS lend RIM some money
    03-23-12 09:50 PM
    .. and again they left us out unrecognized.
    A little embarrassing that even a dead os like palm is noted but not BlackBerry. Will BlackBerry ever see the type of support from developers as other os'? I hope the tide changes for BB10.
    03-24-12 02:36 AM
    Rest assured we are working day and night to get the game to all relevant devices out there as soon as humanly possible.
    That's a little bit insulting to try to rate some tablets more relevant than others. Plus, I'd would feel a little more comfortable if they had said "get the game to all relevant devices, including the playbook,..". Could you maybe email her back and double check that they consider the Playbook relevant?
    03-24-12 03:21 AM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry is the only mobile platform (currently) where the ONLY way to play games like Angry Birds or Cut the Rope -- or even having the ability to have apps matching the competition -- is on a tablet device, causing developers to skip BlackBerry.

Yes - these games might be compatible with BlackBerry 10 phones but not until late 2012 and even then we'll probably won't see the full effect of this new OS well until 2013-2014.

It's sad BlackBerry 10 wasn't ready a year ago (early 2011).
    FreeJACLive likes this.
    03-24-12 06:08 AM
    Price differences could be the simple fact that RIM takes more of a cut than the others. Also, I'm pretty sure they get a discount after x amount of copies have sold so because pretty much every ios device out there has downloaded AB, that is why it is cheaper on that platform. (Economies of scale)
    if im not mistaken RIM takes 30% Devs take 70%. which is the same as Apple. at one point i believe RIM gave 80% to Devs and took 20% but changed it due to more resources offered Devs so they needed abit more for the extra services offered. I believe somewhere here it was also stated that RIM even shares some of the revenue from apps they get with Carriers who are on board with carrier billing for App World
    03-26-12 06:45 AM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry is the only mobile platform (currently) where the ONLY way to play games like Angry Birds or Cut the Rope -- or even having the ability to have apps matching the competition -- is on a tablet device, causing developers to skip BlackBerry.

Yes - these games might be compatible with BlackBerry 10 phones but not until late 2012 and even then we'll probably won't see the full effect of this new OS well until 2013-2014.

It's sad BlackBerry 10 wasn't ready a year ago (early 2011).
    this is true however they create a seprate game from the ones on the iPhone and the ones on iPad which you also see the price differences there too. so it shouldnt be an issue.
    03-26-12 06:48 AM
    I am really interested when will be the angry Bird's new innovation on the hill.
    03-26-12 07:15 AM
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe it isn't such a bad thing that this game isn't available on the PB yet:

http://news.investors.com/article/60...s-backlash.htm

May have been mentioned here already, but Rovio in their infinite wisdom is basically delivering a portion of the game initially, and charging users for additional levels. I can see a very irate PB user base over that, many of whom would likely (and inappropriately) be venting their anger at RIM, much as many are already doing here. I know I wouldn't be happy.

I've got plenty of other things I can do with my PB; so as far as I'm concerned, if this is going to be the strategy going forward, Rovio can stick it.
    03-26-12 12:14 PM
    angry birds are nothing more than this generations pac-man.
    i don't see how they can be successful going public long-term.

angry birds will be nothing more than a trivia question in 5 years.
    03-26-12 12:58 PM
    [oversimplification]

So you have two platforms, each with the potential to make you (e.g.) $1million in a day, so $2million together. You employ two devs at $50k for the project. DevCost=$100,000, revenue = $2million, profit = $1,900,000

alternatively... So you have two platforms, one with the the potential to make you (e.g.) $1million in a day, the other to make you $20k in that same day. You employ two devs at $50k for the project. DevCost still = $100,000, revenue now = $1,020,000, profit = $920,000

[/oversimplification]

This isn't taught, it's common business sense. This is why some companies succeed and other fail. Let's also not forget that this is true in the real world - Napolean didn't succeed as he was trying to fight a battle on two fronts. Ever tried the same at Risk? Also, doesn't work.
    You just answered your own question by having to resort to "oversimplification". Unfortunately, the real world is VERY complicated and nuanced and hence, what cost .99 cents for one fruit is $4.99 for the other. There are one of those real world nuances again.

I'm pretty convinced at this point this has more to do with perception than reality.
    03-26-12 04:45 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD