What are you guys thinking of angry apes? I am enjoying a good angry birds inspired game. .99, cant beat the price!
    lyricidal likes this.
    08-19-11 10:51 PM
    Haven't grabbed it yet, what do you think of it? Asking because I would pick it up as a game to give to the little ones to play when they come over. Does it play smoothly? Seem like a good fill in for the birds? Are there more then one type of ape / projectiles?

Ehh, it's a buck, maybe I'll just grab it.
    08-19-11 11:39 PM
    08-19-11 11:55 PM
    @hatax - I would say it is a suitable fill in for the birds. Looks like they are planning on future expansion as well. Multiple projectiles and gameplay is quite smooth. Graphics are just ok, could use some work there. I enjoy playing it to pass a few minutes
    08-20-11 07:23 AM
    I just bought it, it needs some work but yeah more levels and Updates are coming and for .99$ its well worth it
    08-21-11 07:54 PM
    Runs great in the beginning and I really enjoyed it, but it gets a little laggy around level 20 or so, could be due to the way it was programmed. Looks promising with updates though and worth the 0.99$
    08-22-11 01:28 AM
    Hi, I'm the developer of Angry Apes. Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying the game.

HaTaX, to answer your question, there are several types of projectiles, including apes holding coconuts or bouncy balls, bombs, an ape stuck inside a coconut, and a "barrel of monkeys". More different types of projectiles will be added as more levels are added.

unome1233, I'll look into level 20 and see if there's anything i can do to reduce the processor load. Thanks for the feedback!

We'll be adding some more interesting details to game's backgrounds soon, and adding some levels too. I'd be happy to hear any more feedback anyone has!

-Jacob
    08-22-11 05:18 PM
    I just bought it based on this thread.
    08-22-11 06:30 PM
    I bought it and it's defiantly worth the dollar and one of the best games released so far. Come on guys support this maybe we will get some more half decent games and apps
    08-22-11 09:30 PM
    Hi, I'm the developer of Angry Apes. Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying the game.

HaTaX, to answer your question, there are several types of projectiles, including apes holding coconuts or bouncy balls, bombs, an ape stuck inside a coconut, and a "barrel of monkeys". More different types of projectiles will be added as more levels are added.

unome1233, I'll look into level 20 and see if there's anything i can do to reduce the processor load. Thanks for the feedback!

We'll be adding some more interesting details to game's backgrounds soon, and adding some levels too. I'd be happy to hear any more feedback anyone has!

-Jacob
    The game play needs work.

Using the cannon is very difficult, the sling method is very difficult, the tap method is also hit a miss. Sling method is very angry birds which is not in line with a cannon. A tap and hold with a strength meter then release to light the cannon makes more sense.

The good parts of Angry Birds is its simple and predictable when slinging, this is not, the coconuts sometimes fall out of the middle of the cannon and not from the end..what the... the cannon can some how be spun into the ground when slinging, what the...

I look forward to an update, its a good start...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 05:21 AM
    Love this game, thanks! I also posted a review. I hope you continue developing more games like this!
    08-23-11 08:54 PM
    Just got the game worth the money. Looking forward for update want to see what your going to add to it.
    08-23-11 11:41 PM
    Very fun. If I could request one option it would be the ability to keep it in fullscreen display. I like to see the whole thing, but with each shot, its a pinch or two and then drag it down so I can see the area I need to click.
    08-24-11 01:29 AM
    Using the cannon is very difficult, the sling method is very difficult, the tap method is also hit a miss.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your feedback! I've updated the app in Blackberry app word, to improve things a little. I've reduced the overall gravity of the game, and improved the consistency of the cannon's fire power.

The cannon's fire power used to vary depending on the angle, but now it's power does not depend at all on the angle, and only depends on how far away from the cannon you touch. This goes for both methods of firing the cannon. Hopefully this should help increase aiming accuracy.

Grab the update in (version 1.0.10) Blackberry App World (free to everyone who already bought the game).

The android version of Angry Apes has also been updated, for anyone who owns an android device as well.

Thanks again, and hope you enjoy the game! If you like it, good ratings in the App World are appreciated.

Jacob
    zee921 likes this.
    08-30-11 09:49 AM
    Very fun. If I could request one option it would be the ability to keep it in fullscreen display. I like to see the whole thing, but with each shot, its a pinch or two and then drag it down so I can see the area I need to click.
    Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the app, to disable most of the zooming if the game is zoomed out to full screen view. I did just notice that it still zooms a little when the "barrel of monkeys" is fired from the cannon. I'll have to remove the zooming from this in the next update.

I hope this is close to what you had in mind?

Thanks!

Jacob
    08-30-11 09:53 AM
    Hey, I like your game. Keep up the good work! "Barrel full of monkeys" good one!
    accelermedia likes this.
    08-30-11 09:56 AM
    Hey, I like your game. Keep up the good work! "Barrel full of monkeys" good one!
    Thanks! I'm glad you're diggin' it! It's always appreciated if you can give it a nice review in the App World too.
    09-01-11 01:04 AM
    Having an issue with game it stays stuck on level 5 even i pass the level but it stays showing only levels 1 to 5 thats it. I have latest version.
    09-02-11 06:01 PM
    I bought it. It's a good game.
    09-02-11 11:08 PM
    Having an issue with game it stays stuck on level 5 even i pass the level but it stays showing only levels 1 to 5 thats it. I have latest version.
    Thanks for reporting the issue! I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. When you complete the level 5, are you pressing the forward arrow button after it shows how many stars you got? Are you able to get to level 6 and 7?

Thanks!
    09-04-11 03:35 AM
    Thanks for reporting the issue! I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. When you complete the level 5, are you pressing the forward arrow button after it shows how many stars you got? Are you able to get to level 6 and 7?

Thanks!
    It shows forward arrow but after that doesn't show level 6 or 7.
    09-04-11 02:00 PM
    Notice tonight new update :-)
    09-13-11 10:52 PM
    Notice tonight new update :-)
    I got that this morning. Unfortunately, it doesn't add any new levels. I'm trying to be patient and have gone back trying to get 3 stars on all levels, but I sure hope that the Coming Soon levels come soon
    09-13-11 11:38 PM
    It's great to know that Accelermedia continually updates their product, making it better. Downloaded the update the other night. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
    09-14-11 07:14 PM
    I got that this morning. Unfortunately, it doesn't add any new levels. I'm trying to be patient and have gone back trying to get 3 stars on all levels, but I sure hope that the Coming Soon levels come soon
    I notice that to wish there were new levels hopefully with next update.
    09-15-11 10:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD