Converted the latest WwF to .bar and so far it works perfectly!

Words_With_Friends_4.70.bar

Words_With_Friends_4.73.bar
    Last edited by dimm0k; 02-27-12 at 11:59 PM. Reason: uploaded 4.73
    toobs623, MTM1986, rav813 and 15 others like this.
    02-25-12 03:44 PM
    I am a nubie, how do I install the .bar file?

Charlie C
    02-25-12 04:38 PM
    can you also get Hanging with Friends 4.52? any version before 4.52 requires update now. thanks!
    02-25-12 04:48 PM
    I am a nubie, how do I install the .bar file?

Charlie C
    - Get DDPB Installer from here UPDATED: [PlayBook] Side Load PlayBook Apps/Android Apps (Windows) � BerryReview Forums
    - Turn on developer mode on your PB
    - Turn on wi-fi on your PB
    - Use DDPB Installer to connect to your PB via IP address and password
    - add the .bar file to DDPB Installer, select, install
    cc999 likes this.
    02-25-12 05:25 PM
    can you also get Hanging with Friends 4.52? any version before 4.52 requires update now. thanks!
    Looking for it... so far I can't find the apk
    02-25-12 05:29 PM
    I don't want to bother the folks here, but can anyone break down what sideloading is for someone who knows nothing about it?

As far as I have seen, it seems like some backdoor way to play android games on the playbook..

how does it actually work in basic terms? Did some random guy make a program to allow this compatibility?
    Has anyone tried to shut this process down?
    is it legal? I'd guess that RIM would not want something like this to be available so easily..how is this so easily available?
    do the games work as well as on the android device?
    does multiplayer work? does it allow PB users to play with android users?
    do the games show up with regular icons on the PB?
    Is there any downside to this sideloading stuff?
    If this works, couldn't we just get every good app/game from the android marketplace on here?
    02-25-12 05:45 PM
    Thanks dimm0k - I've been using 4.5 until this eve.

I don't want to bother the folks here, but can anyone break down what sideloading is for someone who knows nothing about it?

As far as I have seen, it seems like some backdoor way to play android games on the playbook..

how does it actually work in basic terms? Did some random guy make a program to allow this compatibility?
    Has anyone tried to shut this process down?
    is it legal? I'd guess that RIM would not want something like this to be available so easily..how is this so easily available?
    do the games work as well as on the android device?
    does multiplayer work? does it allow PB users to play with android users?
    do the games show up with regular icons on the PB?
    Is there any downside to this sideloading stuff?
    If this works, couldn't we just get every good app/game from the android marketplace on here?
    I'll go in order if I may - I'm far from an expert though, and I'm sure someone will correct something I say!

The software was built by RIM as part of their 2.0 update, and the opinion is that is was a way for RIM to counter the argument that the PB 'doesn't have enough apps'. As I understand it, the 'Android Player' you'll see referred to is something like an emulator program that runs android coded software on the PB. Some conversion of the software is required before it will run. I have probably over simplified that paragraph!

As far as I know, there has been no move to shut it down. It's RIM's code that runs the apps, and they control the PB software, so they are clearly satisfied with what is going on.

I think that the only legal point to consider would be if someone ports a paid app without the developer's permission. (See some of the Dolphin/Handster threads for more thoughts on that one...).

Multiplayer definitely works - I'm currently 2-0 against my girlfriend on Words, and she plays on her iPad. #winning

Yes, the games show up as regular icons.

Downsides - not all the converted files will work, not all apps will work, and sometimes an app may be buggy/laggy and feel a little bit rubbish. It's a kind of "sideloader beware" situation.

In theory, yes we could end up with every app/game etc. But - see the legality comment, and also the downsides... Who knows what the future holds...
    Last edited by Barljo; 02-25-12 at 06:02 PM.
    moss27 likes this.
    02-25-12 05:59 PM
    Thanks. Just sideloaded to my wife's and my PB. We've played it through the browser but this works better.
    02-25-12 06:18 PM
    Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Is there a Sirius XM app we can load?

Charlie C
    02-25-12 07:39 PM
    For some reason this bar won't install on my playbook. DDPB keeps giving me install errors. The same thing happens with Google Maps and a couple others. I've installed numerous apps already but these just won't sideload. They keep giving me -4 error messages. Anyone have an idea what error message that is and what I can try to get these to install? Wife would really love this app installed but all versions lead to the same conclusion.
    02-25-12 10:16 PM
    Thanks Barljo! I went ahead and after some frustration I got the sideloading to work..it feels like a whole new world of potential for the playbook now. Can't wait to try some of these games/apps.
    02-26-12 02:36 PM

WwF 4.73 ad-free is available, just do a search on google for the apk and convert it to bar. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
    02-27-12 03:08 PM
    I have a nube questions. Please forgive me. But after your apps are sideloadedapp, does development mode have to stay on or can it be turned off? And apps still work. Had not even thought about it until words with friends.. Thanks in advanced..
    02-27-12 04:35 PM
    Looking for it... so far I can't find the apk
    I have it hosted here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/573185/Hangi...nds%204.52.apk
    02-27-12 04:57 PM

Thanks for putting a lot of effort into converting the Words With Friends APK file into a BAR file. On a side note, I was wondering if you could also convert the Tiny Towers APK into a BAR file as well.
    jerryeight and worldwarj like this.
    02-27-12 04:58 PM
    I have a nube questions. Please forgive me. But after your apps are sideloadedapp, does development mode have to stay on or can it be turned off? And apps still work. Had not even thought about it until words with friends.. Thanks in advanced..
    Development Mode only needs to stay on for the sideloading process. Once the app is installed you can turn Development Mode off (note that even off the Password you assigned will stay active until you turn the Password itself off).
    02-27-12 04:59 PM
    For some reason this bar won't install on my playbook. DDPB keeps giving me install errors. The same thing happens with Google Maps and a couple others. I've installed numerous apps already but these just won't sideload. They keep giving me -4 error messages. Anyone have an idea what error message that is and what I can try to get these to install? Wife would really love this app installed but all versions lead to the same conclusion.
    make sure you have java installed. if you dont youll get errors.
    02-27-12 05:23 PM
    Worked perfectly! Thank you!!
    02-27-12 06:50 PM
    I just downloaded and installed the file on my playbook but it won't open. I installed this, the SNES emulator and Google Maps and only the emulator would open. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of the OS and just downloaded all of the necessary files from the front page of CB.com.
    Last edited by Aero247; 02-27-12 at 09:43 PM.
    02-27-12 09:35 PM
    Here it is converted and signed... let me know how well it works and I'll add it to the first post for others.

Hanging_with_Friends-4.52.bar
    02-28-12 12:03 AM
    Converted version 4.73 for those that like to keep updated and listed in the first post... brief test and while it still works nicely I don't see anything changes.
    nappp likes this.
    02-28-12 12:05 AM
    Anyone seen Zynga Poker available?
    02-28-12 12:20 AM
    how long to sideload this app? its taking forever....
    also my DDPB looks different, looks like a giant playbook on my scree, been downloading forever
    02-28-12 12:35 AM
    how long to sideload this app? its taking forever....
    also my DDPB looks different, looks like a giant playbook on my scree, been downloading forever
    Check you IP again, it must be wrong.
    02-28-12 08:55 AM
    Converted version 4.73 for those that like to keep updated and listed in the first post... brief test and while it still works nicely I don't see anything changes.
    does it fix the lag? when i play this game with my wife who has an iphone, it takes like 25 minutes for her move to reach me
    02-28-12 09:30 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD