I have tried Dolphin HD, and Skyfire.

Can't get flash movies or mp4 movies to work.

Not even Youtube.
    10-20-11 02:13 AM
    Is Flash installed? Its not a "standard" part of Android it needs to be installed.
    10-20-11 02:21 AM
    why would you use an android browser over the standard PlayBook browser, anyway??? Is this a 'because I can' thing...?
    10-20-11 10:01 AM
    I'd use an alternate browser for the ad blocking plugins available.. I'd give up Flash support in a heartbeat for an ad/script blocking plugin for the Playbook native browser, and I'm talking a selective blocker like AdBlock Plus on Firefox, not just the capability to wholesale turn off scripts and flash like in the current browser..

Script-heavy sites noticeably bog down the Playbook browser (get lots of checkerboarding).. Ad blocking has made my surfing 1000% faster and these days, I'm finding the PlayBook browser very sluggish in comparison to my desktop/laptop.. With the old leaked Android player, you could use Dolphin (and I seem to recall that it did support Flash), but most importantly, if you followed HaTax's instructions and installed Android Marketplace, you could also install the ad blocking plugin, and it worked great..

I'm hoping that since the NDK is available, someone will try their hand at porting Firefox or Chrome over..
    c0rinne likes this.
    10-20-11 11:40 AM
    why would you use an android browser over the standard PlayBook browser, anyway??? Is this a 'because I can' thing...?
    The scrolling and pinch to zoom performance is awful too. I tried Dolphin and Skyfire. :/
    10-20-11 12:07 PM
    Why?

Because I want the ability to set the browser id to iPad or Desktop instead of hitting mobile sites.
    10-20-11 03:41 PM
    This work on my PB on the stock browser. You can't see the Movie but it is there and playable. Doubletap (normaly on doubletap the movie goes into fullscreen) on the area where the movie is and the Video goes into fullscreen and you can watch it.
    10-20-11 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD