Does anybody know when android apps will be available for the playbook?
    04-26-11 02:28 PM
    September?
    I believe.
    04-26-11 02:30 PM
    summer is all we have been told
    04-26-11 02:34 PM
    I'm hearing summer also, but know RIM, you never know, it COULD slip!
    04-26-11 02:36 PM
    I bet native PIM/e-mail is higher on the list to implement at this time. Not because it needs it IMHO, but because all the reviewers said it was the biggest issue.
    04-26-11 02:40 PM
    i heard "summer". who knows when that is. i just hope they release an ereader soon because current kobo doesn't allow you to upload existing epub files
    04-26-11 03:20 PM
    Bump!

is there any more development on this? One of the reasons I got the PB was because it was supposed to be getting full access to android app marketplace
    06-28-11 06:51 AM
    There will not be full access to the Android Marketplace. RIM never said that.

That said, it will be very easy for Android developers to repackage their Apps for Playbook.

Timeline? Still summer.
    06-28-11 06:59 AM
    Bump!

is there any more development on this? One of the reasons I got the PB was because it was supposed to be getting full access to android app marketplace
    You must have misunderstood. Not all apps will work. The ones that do will need to be recompiled by the developer, submitted to RIM for approval, and go on sale in App World. I think we'll be lucky to see dozens/hundreds of apps come over.
    06-28-11 07:30 AM
    As with all things in development, it takes time. To the OP, have patience, Grasshopper. It will be here when it gets here. All indications are sometime this summer. You will be one of the first ones to know, because Crackberry will blog about it the day, the hour, the instant(?) It happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 07:32 AM
    i did make the assumption that all apps would work (i guessed via emulation or something). Still, not the end of the world and im still glad i got it - has been so handy!
    06-28-11 08:20 AM
    This is so frustrating. "Summer" is mighty ambiguous and September is even worse.
    I so wish I had been a little more patient and not insisted on buying the PB on the day of delivery. Typically I am one of the last to buy the latest and greatest, but this seemed like a dream come true. Not awful, but something I couldn't have lived without a little longer. Glad my husband doesn't read these things, because I won't ever admit it too him-- just cyber space friends!
    06-29-11 06:09 PM
    Does anybody know when android apps will be available for the playbook?
    60 days, of course.
    06-29-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD