Good day all. Enjoying our Playbooks ? I am Ok bit of a newbie question. Android Apps are supposed to run on the Playbook. I've found an APP from SONOS - some of you may know what this is. For those who don't it's an application that lets you control SONOS devices for playing music. An Android version of this was just released (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sonos.acrbut) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to d.l. / install it. The Android Market won't ket me because I don't have an Android device listed in my profile (and can't seem to add the Playbook). Blackberry Appworld does not have this app. Anyone who knows how to do this ? Al help appreciated.
    Last edited by mfreedmn_97; 04-20-11 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Correct header
    04-20-11 10:56 AM
    They'll be adding that support in the future.
    04-20-11 11:02 AM
    The playbook does not and will not run native Android apps. What you are referring to is the 'converter' RIM will have available to developers to convert their current Android apps in order to run on the Playbook. This will be offered in summer.
    04-20-11 11:05 AM
    Since the app player has leaked has anyone tried this yet? Tired of using my Itouch!
    07-22-11 01:32 PM
    The playbook does not and will not run native Android apps. What you are referring to is the 'converter' RIM will have available to developers to convert their current Android apps in order to run on the Playbook. This will be offered in summer.

I know this was posted months ago. But it's funny to see how wrong everyone's idea of what the Android player will do was.

Pretty much everything except the last sentence was wrong lol
    07-22-11 01:38 PM
    Pretty much everything except the last sentence was wrong lol
    And technically, even that hasn't been proven right yet!
    07-22-11 01:43 PM
    Although the Android player isn't "officially" released yet, you can use a remote PC controller to manage your Sonos Desktop Controller giving you full access to your Sonos environment on your Playbook.

Here are the full instructions.

BlackBerry PlayBook Tips and Tricks: Sonos Application for BlackBerry PlayBook

07-23-11 01:44 AM
    i sideloaded the sonos app today on the android player and it force closes. Hopefully we'll see a native app soon!
    07-23-11 02:22 AM
    Crackberry Nation- courtesy of Jeroen_13 in the Netherlands, the SONOS .APK was converted to a >BAR file :

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...14/index9.html

See post # 134

Anyone out there able to try this to see if it works ? Some light at the end of the tunnel ???

Please let me know.
    02-23-12 06:13 PM
    I tried it out, cant get it to work
    02-24-12 01:17 PM
    I tried it out, cant get it to work
    Thanks for trying. Curious - I found another SONOS type app called ANDRONOS on the ADNDROID MARKET. Wonder if that would work if converted. Any thoughts on that ? if was written in open source cade by a developer in the netherlands. Basically SONOS ap but not by SONOS.
    02-24-12 01:20 PM
    Dont now if it will work or not, can give it a try.
    02-24-12 09:08 PM
    Dont now if it will work or not, can give it a try.
    Maybe we get a nice surprise.....good luck. Can I help? Here's the link to the Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?i...C5hbmRyb2lkIl0.
    Last edited by mfreedmn_97; 02-24-12 at 09:45 PM.
    02-24-12 09:14 PM
    Tell Sonos. There is a thread on the Sonos 'Sound Ideas' forum titled "Blackberry Playbook: New OS - please make Sonos' Android app available!."

Go to Sonos Forums under the "Sound Ideas" forum and add your vote to the thread.
    04-10-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD