Has anyone found a kindle reader app via App World/Android on OS2.0

I have searched and nothing

Thanks,
    Chris
    02-21-12 09:06 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing here as well. I'm looking for Overdrive compatibility too!
    02-21-12 09:23 AM
    I've just followed these directions for sideloading Bar files here, and my Kindle app seems to be working. Whee!

http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...age=1#comments

I got my Kindle bar along with others from flier79's generous posting of his/her favorite converted bar apps here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...24/index2.html

By the way,does anyone finds it harder to type accurately with OS 2's new onscreen keyboard? I feel like all of the keys have shrunken or something. Hrmm.
    mrweller likes this.
    02-21-12 09:38 AM
    its working fine on my playbook - search the forum download and sideload and all is well - you should find instrcutions on this in the android section

edit - as per above (posted as I pressed return!)
    02-21-12 09:40 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing here as well. I'm looking for Overdrive compatibility too!
    Overdrive is in AppWorld....working well.
    02-21-12 11:06 AM
    Have but seriously..... No kindle (native or andriod) after the big os2.0 release.... We still have to "sideload" ???? Give me a break.....
    02-21-12 11:36 AM
    Speaking of Kindle, I added the kindle app. But when trying to use the Archive, is there a way to search it? I saw I can speed the scrolling but a SEARCH Archive function would be helpful.
    02-21-12 11:47 AM
    I installed both Kindle and Repligo Reader this morning. I've been using the Adobe Reader to read my PDF books while on the plane (I hate reading in landscape), but I'm trying to figure out how to browse my folders to find my PDFs in Kindle or Repligo. I currently have my PDFs loaded in my Downloads folder, and I also copied a few over to my Books folder to see what I can find in these apps

Kindle doesn't find anything when searching the Archive or On Device.

Repligo gives me access to the filesystem to browse when using All Files, but I can't find the directory structure to get to the folders I would see when I plug my PB into my laptop.

Anyone have advice?
    02-21-12 12:53 PM
    Same here can't find any books. Does anyone know what file extensions work with PB version of Kindle?
    02-21-12 01:33 PM
    The books I added from archive are prc on the pb. They are in \\192.168.1.164\media\misc\android\kindle

Well, I just copied ordinary pdf files to that folder. They do NOT show up in Android Kindle.
    Last edited by F2; 02-21-12 at 02:39 PM.
    02-21-12 02:29 PM
    Where did you find Repligo for pdf's? Found and installed it. I can finally SEARCH in a pdf file!
    Last edited by F2; 02-21-12 at 03:01 PM.
    02-21-12 02:39 PM
    Repligo gives me access to the filesystem to browse when using All Files, but I can't find the directory structure to get to the folders I would see when I plug my PB into my laptop.

Anyone have advice?
    use the "up" folder icon until you are at the root = /

then go to

/accounts/1000/shared

You'll see all the familiar folders in there.

Repligo working perfectly for me.
    jhakkim likes this.
    02-21-12 03:00 PM
    Darn it, can't seem to get the side loading process to work.

Downloaded Java SE 7u3 JRE - x86 online version
    Downloaded DDPB
    Downloaded bar file for kindle
    Entered developer mode, switched it on, entered a password and noted my IP address.
    Plugged my PB via USB
    Ran DDPB and followed instructions

Nada
    02-23-12 01:33 AM
    Darn it, can't seem to get the side loading process to work.

Downloaded Java SE 7u3 JRE - x86 online version
    Downloaded DDPB
    Downloaded bar file for kindle
    Entered developer mode, switched it on, entered a password and noted my IP address.
    Plugged my PB via USB
    Ran DDPB and followed instructions

Nada
    did you add the bar file and make sure its checkmarked?

restart the playbook and try the wifi file sharing method instead, and don't forget to push the connect button, and then of course the install button lol.
    02-23-12 01:48 AM
    Farquin geddinthere!!

Wrong version of Java - needed x64, not x86 online as I have a 64bit version of Window 7 running. No idea what that actually means, but have deleted the x86 version, installed the x64 version and it has now worked.

Just gotta remember my kindle email address and password now...

QWKSNKE likes this.
    02-23-12 01:58 AM
    I side loaded the Kindle app and it is bringing up my list of Archive books, but I can't seem to open/store them, when I tap on the book nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    02-23-12 02:18 PM
    It works now, I had to restart the PB.
    02-23-12 02:36 PM
    I loaded the Kindle app, see everything in my archive, can even purchase in the store. However, I cannot download anything to the device. It keeps interrupting the download and then hangs.
    02-23-12 05:02 PM
    I'll wait until it becomes available in Appworld.
    02-23-12 05:08 PM
    I'll wait until it becomes available in Appworld.
    Is there longevity in your family?
    02-23-12 07:47 PM
    This Kindle app sideloaded onto the playbook in OS2 is AWESOME!!! Really made my wife smile when I showed her the new Kindle app on her playbook! I might even get rewarded for it!
    02-24-12 04:42 PM
    Does anybody know - does the Android-kindle support LOCATION numbers. I was reading a book on my kindle yesterday and threw it on the pb. But I don't see locations. I did search to find my place in the book.
    02-25-12 06:11 PM
    Got my kindle app to work also using the sidebar, prettty easy to do it!! Is there a complete list of Android App zip files that I can download? thanks
    03-03-12 04:11 PM
    Got fed up with the instability and having to reboot all the time and I have uninstalled it today. Will use kindle only on the iPad for the moment, at least that gives a use for it.
    03-03-12 04:38 PM
    I've had no problems with the kindle app whatsoever. Works wonderfully.
    03-03-12 05:48 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD