- CrackBerry Addict
- 712 Posts
Android apps and delete
I have just begun adding some Anroid apps to my PB. When I delete one is it gone and needs to be re-downloaded ect. When I delete an app from App Word I can retrieve it. No big deal just curious.Sent using my PlayBook or my 9930.
- 01-09-2013, 05:54 AM #6
Re: Android apps and delete
It's deleting the app. There isn't a way to just delete the icon (it's not an Android home screen).RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
- 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM #7
There have been suggestions that DELETING the icon from the Homescreen is not always cleaning up the app's file storage areas or folders that they may have created but I'm not sure. But that may also be the case for native apps - I _THINK_ that I've deleted a native app and then reinstalled it and some of my settings or data still show up. But my recollection may not be accurate.
- 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM #8
I have seen the odd left over folder from removed sideloaded apps. I was mainly concerned that I was leaving a pile of junk behind every app i tested or no longer wanted. From what you say if there was anything left if would be minimal as removing the icon removes the application.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-10-2013, 08:13 AM #9
- 448 Posts
Like F2, I was under the impression just deleting via the icon wasn't, shall we say, "best practice".
Just now I deleted 3 sideloaded apps via icon and according to ghost commander it removes the complete directory so that's good. Not so sure about data that may be saved in other locations though.
- By sparksfly2000 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
- By abedauhajre in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
- By abedauhajre in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
- By mng1977 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 5Last Post: 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
- By mng1977 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM