Here's a list of Android Apps available through app world. Leave your findings below.

- Alan Partridge Soundboard
    - BBC News
    - Blutorc Speedometer
    - Catch Notes
    - Cinetrailer
    - CNN News
    - Digit Dexterity
    - Dolphin Browser HD
    - Doodle God
    - Drudge Reader
    - Facts About Me
    - Flickr Explorer
    - Ghost Commander
    - iFishing
    - IP Cam Viewer
    - LastPass
    - Learn to count in Japanese
    - Legends of Yore
    - MemoryPro
    - Overdrive
    - Physics Sketchpad
    - Picasa Tool by Colifer Lab
    - PocketManga
    - Pool Break/Pool Break Lite
    - Qx Calculate
    - RSSDaemon
    - Saavn
    - Snake HD
    - Speedometer for Playbook
    - Stealth Chopper 3D
    - Tapatalk
    - Taptu - DJ Your News
    - Unit3 Physics
    - Vocabalo 2
    - Webmaster's HTML Editor
    - Wordpress
    - Xbox Live and PSN Manager
    - YouVersion Bible
    Last edited by CreaturesFarley; 02-29-12 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Updating...
    02-21-12 06:45 AM
    Yes good idea since there's no Android section in App World.

- Dolphin Browser HD
    - MemoryPro

I'm sure there's hundreds more.
    02-21-12 06:48 AM
    Wordpress is also available
    CreaturesFarley likes this.
    02-21-12 06:49 AM
    Seems that YouVersion's Bible is available.
    02-21-12 07:52 AM
    Overdrive is available! Finally
    02-21-12 08:02 AM
    I was starting to be disappointed that they didn't do more to the browser by adding folders for bookmarks but if we can get Dolphin now then that will offset things until they get a chance to do more improvements to the browser.
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    02-21-12 08:06 AM
    Just checked out Overdrive. How did I not know about this before?!
    02-21-12 09:07 AM
    The Dolphin HD browser was available before 2.0

All I want is Netflix to work, hope they make a native app or get the Android version working soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    monicainhawaii likes this.
    02-21-12 09:29 AM
    Is that it?
    02-21-12 10:59 AM
    Add "Doodle God", "LastPass", "Catch Notes"
    Last edited by cjterminator; 02-21-12 at 11:44 AM.
    02-21-12 11:15 AM
    Another few:
    1) Taptu - DJ Your News (its nice one)
    2) Picasa Tool by COLIFER LAB
    3) Webmaster's HTML Editor
    utsmaster18 likes this.
    02-21-12 01:34 PM
    How are we supposed to know what Android apps are available? Guess and look in appworld? They couldn't have made it a little easier?
    02-21-12 02:55 PM
    APP World still needs LOTS of work done.
    The new UI is alright but I like to see comments/ratings improved so that the users can search by ratings as well.
    02-21-12 03:12 PM
    How are we supposed to know what Android apps are available? Guess and look in appworld? They couldn't have made it a little easier?
    Reason for not distinguishing them is very simple that once they are ported, they become Blackberry apps. Secondly its same as bundle of New apps coming in App world. Easiest ways are for Apps to be listed in Featured apps/games or in forums (same as in Android, iOS).
    DeeLishusOne and G-bone like this.
    02-21-12 03:14 PM
    I have to agree on this one, unless I'm missing something in App World to denote which are native PB apps and those that are Android. Perhaps they are one in the same now since the devs have to tweak the Android apps. No matter. Just happy for the update for now.
    chronomatic, dfield and hansielein like this.
    02-21-12 03:15 PM
    Some more android apps to add to the list of legitimately available apps

Unit 3 physics is pretty decent. As a physics student there really isn't much like this on PlayBook. Hopefully wolfram alpha will port

Physics sketchpad

Learn to count in Japanese.

Blutorc speedometer (didn't work for me)
    02-21-12 05:32 PM
    Hmm.... I upgraded to OS2 this morning no problem. I just tried installing Overdrive from Appworld but when I click on the icon it doesn't do anything. It won't launch. Anyone else having or had this issue??
    02-21-12 05:51 PM
    So, we have about FIFTEEN apps listed here out of the hundreds of thousands of apps on the Android Market!!!....I cannot believe how big a let down the OS2 has been.We were promised Android apps and we knew we weren't going to get THAT many but 15 is a total and utter JOKE.On top of that, the email app is rubbish as it wont let me add my btinternet or gmail email addresses to it. VERY disappointed in todays upgrade I'm afraid.
    02-21-12 06:13 PM
    Seems that YouVersion's Bible is available.
    Wow, I needed that for Art History. Very useful.
    02-21-12 06:24 PM
    So, we have about FIFTEEN apps listed here out of the hundreds of thousands of apps on the Android Market!!!....I cannot believe how big a let down the OS2 has been.We were promised Android apps and we knew we weren't going to get THAT many but 15 is a total and utter JOKE.On top of that, the email app is rubbish as it wont let me add my btinternet or gmail email addresses to it. VERY disappointed in todays upgrade I'm afraid.
    You realize that they are processing applications submissions still...
    Would you have rather waited for the os for another week while they process the apps? as for your email problem, Gmail works fine, synced everything with no set up so I dunno what ur complaining about...just take it easy, calm your nerves and look on the forums before you starting tearing down the os when it's been out less than a day.
    02-21-12 06:30 PM
    There are way more apps than that already, this list is just new and thus a little slow to start. Take a closer look at app world.

So, other cool new ones are Pool Break and Pool Break lite. Free version seems pretty decent so far.

Also noticed that ifishing has their 3 fishing games available now with OS2. Have not purchased yet though to see if they are android ported or native. Will be purchasing asap! Finally some good fishing games. (Had them on my android phone)

Lots more out there. In fact I see hundreds.... bit of a (fun) challenge to find the good ones ;-)
    02-21-12 06:58 PM
    There are tonnes of repackaged Android apps (.bar files) on the crackberry forums and the net. Just read up on side loading and you'll be happy! Just installed over 100 apps using this method and have IMDB, Skype Beta amongst others!
    02-21-12 07:32 PM
    Just downloaded PocketManga. It's a little buggy, but seems to get the job done pretty well.
    02-22-12 12:45 AM
    RIM said 1000s of apps so obviously there is a mistake here somewhere.
    02-22-12 06:42 AM
    We can add "Free Video Chat" app by Parabay and "Saavn" radio (wonderful option for listening to Bollywood songs, great app) also to the list.
    02-22-12 10:01 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD