Can someone direct me to or explain how to side load .bar apps that are available from crackberry. I am running OS 2.0 and have code signing keys but don't want to go through all the steps involved in converting and .apk apps, particularly when they are already posted. Much appreciated in advance.
    10-24-11 10:25 PM
    Can someone direct me to or explain how to side load .bar apps that are available from crackberry. I am running OS 2.0 and have code signing keys but don't want to go through all the steps involved in converting and .apk apps, particularly when they are already posted. Much appreciated in advance.
    You will have to download the DDPD Installer, and turn the Developer mode On o the PB.

Good luck, and please post your results.
    10-24-11 10:40 PM
    I found that DDPB did not allways load the apps like it was supposed too. I used HATAX's scripts and they havent failed me yet.
    10-24-11 11:10 PM
    HoneyComb and IceCreamSandwich launcher here Index of /en/apk
    10-25-11 12:56 AM
    Sorry nievz long work day but I just got home and installed this:

http://bbin.in/en/apk/icecreamsandwich.bar

worked right away. Try deleting and installing it again should work.
    I got the launchers to work already. Turns out I didn't have enough free space (). I only had 450MB free and after I deleted a 2.5GB video, they worked right away.
    10-25-11 03:57 AM
    has anyone founanything that NEEDS honeycomb or icecream launcher? don't get me wrong, they are slick!!! just curious how to best utilize them
    10-25-11 04:06 AM
    has anyone founanything that NEEDS honeycomb or icecream launcher? don't get me wrong, they are slick!!! just curious how to best utilize them
    In my personal opinion I feel like they are useless. Like you said very slick looking but do we need them? Are they of any use? I don't think so, we have all the icons on you home page, for people who don't want to use the plabook interface and prefer androids then maybe to them but I played with it for 5 min and deleted it.
    10-25-11 11:29 AM
    Did i need to load the Android Player on top of OS 2.0?

I have installed Gmail and Amazon Kindle, and am in Developer Mode but nothing happened when clicking icon. So i installed the sys.android.bar Player. Now it launches, sits there a few seconds and then goes away. Nothing launching.

Thanks for help!
    10-25-11 12:15 PM

I have installed Gmail and Amazon Kindle, and am in Developer Mode but nothing happened when clicking icon. So i installed the sys.android.bar Player. Now it launches, sits there a few seconds and then goes away. Nothing launching.

Thanks for help!
    Ouch.. you really should have read the thread first. You were not supposed to load any sys.android.bar file. You will likely need to do a full Security Wipe on your PB now before Android will work properly..

Go back and read this thread..

Good luck!
    chhuntley likes this.
    10-25-11 12:32 PM
    Thanks. Facebook doesnt work Blogger does work but I cant use it because of not being able to sync my google account Thanks though
    10-25-11 03:02 PM

Thanks for help!

Mojoski was correct definately should have read before you did that. Basically what you will have to do now is a security wipe. Then restore to 1.07 then request the beta os2 download again from RIM.
    10-25-11 03:20 PM
    so how back to 1.07 if i have 2.0
    10-26-11 09:05 AM
    so how back to 1.07 if i have 2.0
    Follow these instructions to downgrade...

Prior to upgrading to a beta release of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, perform a full backup that can be used to restore your device after downgrading. Note: Backups of a higher release can not be restored onto a lower release. This article explains how to back up your data.

Use the following steps to downgrade your tablet from a beta release to the current production release. This procedure requires an Internet connection.

Please note that if you signed up for the 2.0 beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed. This does not apply to developers who received a BlackBerry PlayBook with 2.0 beta pre-installed. You are able to downgrade at any time.

1. Turn off your device.
    2. Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    3. Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    4. Enter your device password.
    5. When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook, choose Update. Note that this screen will dissapear once the tablet boots up.
    6. Enter your email address or uncheck �Yes, email me when updates are available�.
    7. Click Install.
    10-26-11 11:49 AM
    Hello. I have the APK for the VMWare view client but I don't have skills to convert to BAR. Can someone have a look? I put the request in the spreadsheet with the link to where the APK file is but the line was changed to need apk.

Attached is the APK I found.
    10-26-11 01:21 PM
    been trying all day to get this converted. anyone able to help me out with NHL Gamecenter. I tried in another thread with a different version a buddy sent me the latest apk. it would be greatly appreciated if someone could repackage for me, thanks

http://db.tt/UeZp56NN
    10-26-11 02:14 PM
    been trying all day to get this converted. anyone able to help me out with NHL Gamecenter. I tried in another thread with a different version a buddy sent me the latest apk. it would be greatly appreciated if someone could repackage for me, thanks

http://db.tt/UeZp56NN
    i would convert it but the link seems wrong
    10-26-11 03:59 PM
    sorry about that. here is the correct link. Thank you so much

http://db.tt/J9ZSQCwf
    Last edited by corybullis; 10-26-11 at 07:06 PM.
    10-26-11 07:01 PM
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

would love someone to convert n sign this its a freebee app
    though im not holding out hope that it works but meh thanks
    10-26-11 07:23 PM
    @corybullis
    sorry,but no luck with this one,converting worked,but the signing failed,the first app ever that didnt go through the signing process,dont know why

@tuskbane
    Download guitar_solo_lite.bar for free on Filesonic.com
    10-26-11 08:46 PM
    Hello,
    Can somebody sign this bar ?
    Maybe it should also be renamed so it doesn't cause conflicts with existing browser ??
    It is an app to read a Belgian Newspaper ...
    Thanks in advance
    10-27-11 02:49 AM
    @corybullis
    sorry,but no luck with this one,converting worked,but the signing failed,the first app ever that didnt go through the signing process,dont know why

@tuskbane
    Download guitar_solo_lite.bar for free on Filesonic.com
    thanks for the time and effort doesnt work though makes ya update it pffft
    10-27-11 05:40 AM
    This si to let you know the compass app listed in the spreadsheet only works partially. It is tied to Amazon App Store and thus requires Amazon store to be installed and then complains that you do not own the app...

I have uploaded Tiny Compass 1.2.1 if anyone can convert it fo rme it will be appreciated.

UPDATE: I have converted and signed two compass apps.. Tiny Compass and Compass (Catch.com) i have update the spreadsheet with details. They work but they both point East. comments in the android market place and elsewhere suggest that it happens with android tablets as well... seems to be an orientation issue.
    Last edited by niazdokrat; 10-27-11 at 07:19 PM.
    10-27-11 08:38 AM
    i cant reload 1.07, allways show error. help
    10-27-11 09:31 AM
    I had the same issue with apps not showing up. Took two security wipes and a few OS installs until it finally "took" and now everything appears to be working.
    10-27-11 02:54 PM
    Has anybody got a vpn app to work so that they can connect to RDP outside of office environment?
    10-27-11 03:54 PM
917 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD