hi, i have updated my PB to run on OS 2 and i hqve installed DDPB. I have also installed Java.

when i install android app player it says that the install was ok but when i open the app it crashes and closes? What am I doing wrong?
    01-09-12 02:47 PM
    hi, i have updated my PB to run on OS 2 and i hqve installed DDPB. I have also installed Java.

when i install android app player it says that the install was ok but when i open the app it crashes and closes? What am I doing wrong?
    The main problem is that you installed an obsolete Android Player. In the current version of the OS2 beta, you do not need to install a separate player because it comes preloaded as part of the operating system. Fixing the problem may involve removing the obsolete player and reinstalling the OS to purge it completely from the system.

If you intend to load Android apps on the device you should visit the subforum with the title "Sideloading Android Apps". Here you will find help in recovering from your current problem and getting on the way.

In addition, if you can tell me which thread you read for instructions on how to install the obsolete player, we can ask the mods to make it clear that the instructions are no longer valid.
    01-09-12 03:02 PM
    Thanks for your help, I'll hop onto the sub forum and pick this up again.

I got into this because I was frustrated at the lack of apps for teh PB, so I did an internet search and picked up teh following youtube links................now I have the androis app player installed on my PB, it just keeps crashing eery time I open it.

Thanks again!
    01-10-12 02:46 AM
    Thanks for your help, I'll hop onto the sub forum and pick this up again.

I got into this because I was frustrated at the lack of apps for teh PB, so I did an internet search and picked up teh following youtube links................now I have the androis app player installed on my PB, it just keeps crashing eery time I open it.

Thanks again!
    I didn't have time to watch the videos in full, but they were a little hard to follow especially the second one. If you followed the first video, you should have a functional OS2 beta installed on your device and you should be able to find an Android app that is already available in App World and it should run without any problems. So, I would advise you to download the free BBC News app and see if it works. While you are in App World, you should also look around - you might just change your mind about the selection of apps that are available.

If the above little test does not work, you should visit the forum entitled "BlackBerry Tablet OS" to get assistance. You may need to do some major surgery in order to get OS2 to function properly - or maybe not.

If you want to re-package your own APK files and load them onto your device, you can find help in the subforum entitled "Android App Sideloading". Please be aware of possible copyright infringements if you are not the author of the apps that you want to load. Also be aware that the procedures are more complex than some folks would have you believe. You should do a lot of research before going down this path.

If, heaven forbid, you want to install Android Market on your device, you will find other like-minded souls in the forum called "PlayBook Rooting". However, judging by your initial post you are not quite ready for this advanced procedure.
    01-10-12 10:06 AM
    Thanks for you help
    01-12-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD