and finally stop negative publicity on that topic, something RIM does not seem to get.
    06-19-11 07:19 PM
    They approve buggy apps all the time
    on the PB? nope you are way off. The first iteration of aMail was terrible. The second one (which is supposingly submitted) is likely not perfect.

Keep in mind the biggest problem here is not the app or lack of... its the lack of statement or communication from both parties.
    06-19-11 07:23 PM
    Keep in mind the biggest problem here is not the app or lack of... its the lack of statement or communication from both parties.
    I wouldn't think RIM as any obligation whatsoever to make any statements about why they didn't approve an app. In fact, I'd probably say they are more obligated to not make any kind of statement to anyone, except the developer submitting the app. Now whether the developer who's app hasn't been approved wants to explain publicly why, that's up to them. But then too, there's no obligation on the developer's part either, except to those who's money they've already taken.
    06-19-11 10:46 PM
    I wouldn't think RIM as any obligation whatsoever to make any statements about why they didn't approve an app. In fact, I'd probably say they are more obligated to not make any kind of statement to anyone, except the developer submitting the app. Now whether the developer who's app hasn't been approved wants to explain publicly why, that's up to them. But then too, there's no obligation on the developer's part either, except to those who's money they've already taken.
    for sure, Rim doesnt have to do anything. on the other hand they could do smart marketing and create buzz about a non-bridged email app. there' always a lot of drama around Apple's app store, and people always talk about it.

from Aiflex side, they promised to release the latest version of their app 2 weeks ago, but they havent done so and kept quiet since... this is an unusual (read rude) way to treat your current or future customers. its not because they dont have do do something that should not do anything...imo
    06-19-11 11:28 PM
    Guys, see this thread...at least the last 4 or 5 pages. http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/in...6/index14.html
    06-20-11 09:18 AM
    Is RIM to blame for not approving this app in a timely manor or am I over looking something?
    See this link: Has nothing to do with RIM: http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/in...6/index14.html
    06-20-11 09:19 AM
    dont worry, we are aware of this.

just a wild thought.... last time i saw something like this was when RIM bought the Torch mobile company.... they went silent until the deal was inked. Maybe RIM bougth Aiflex or part of its assets?
    06-20-11 10:57 AM

just a wild thought.... last time i saw something like this was when RIM bought the Torch mobile company.... they went silent until the deal was inked. Maybe RIM bougth Aiflex or part of its assets?
    Good theory. Very good.
    06-20-11 01:43 PM
    Good as any. But grasping at straws me thinks. Bottom line is AIFLEX dropped the ball here. Like in extra innings of the seventh game of the world series. I really have a hard time getting behind a company (or individual) who has behaved as they have - disappearing off the grid. leaving all of us to guess, speculate, wonder wtf. That aside with RIM cratering, those of us who want/need this type of APP, are really being left hanging out to dry at this moment. The bridge is great but it's not a solution, it's just a bridge.
    06-20-11 02:14 PM
    For me, Bridge is the answers to all my payers.... although a non-BIS/BES email client would be helpful when my phone is at the other end of the house...
    06-20-11 04:58 PM

I think AIflex is a one-man-show and I think he has had a letter from one of the lawyers of RIM claiming that he cannot distribute this kind of app with side-loading. Who knows what is happening with al the logins and passwords of all the people using this app?

Security has been my reason to buy a Blackberry 6 years ago and it is still the reason i am using one now. When there is a security-issue with all the Blackberry-users using this Amail-app, the shares will go down again and RIM will lose even more.

I do not think RIM will buy a company because they have made an excellent app. It is a nice app (i bought it) but i would rank it 5 out of 10. Since my Gmail mobile view is working great on the PB, i will continue to use that until Rim announces a native e-mail app
    06-21-11 08:21 AM
    i have requested a refund a few days ago, with no response at all.

i will post updates here for all to see.
    06-28-11 03:22 PM
    I sent them 3 mails every first Monday of June but no response. Will they answer any questions about there other products?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:02 PM
    11 pages of disappointment.

Advice to developers...if you have an app submit it for acceptance. If you get it then tell us about it and then follow up on upgrades we suggest...promptly as possible.

Reading through this thread was nothing more than mental masturbation.

I love my playbook...but stop jerking my damn chain with promises and just bloody well get the damn job done. Lousy PR is what cost RIM jobs and money.
    06-29-11 12:58 AM
    I solved the issue all together, PB is up on eBay and picked up an iPad 2.
    06-29-11 06:56 AM
    if the app is buggy, they wont approve it. Having said that, there should be a statement from either RIM or Aiflex about this situation.
    Try to recllt the last time uve heard an official statement about amything from rim lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 07:43 AM
    If I am right, you can not delete the emails...Is that still true?

Tim
    07-03-11 07:28 PM
217 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD