CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Alternative Browser to play Flash vids from Rogers On Demand?!

I tried the Rogers On Demand website and am getting an error when I try to view videos. This was happening on OS2 Beta and still happening on official OS2.

Dolphin Browser's flash doesn't seem to be operational, so no go there.

SimpleBrowser gives the same error that the native browser gives.

Anyone find a solution? Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

What is the error? Crackle doesn't have an issue, nor does Global or CTV.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

The error is in the flash video itself. It says error locating license. It works through my desktop browser, so my work-around is to use Splashtop, but would be great if it would just work via the native browser.
    CrackBerry User

I have had no issues watching Rogers On Demand with the default PB browser on OS 2 beta. Just tried it on the official OS2 release and everything seemed to work fine. No idea what might be different between our setups.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for the reply. To be a bit more concise on my issue, I cannot view videos after I log in to the On Demand service. That is, I cannot watch any of the HBO or Movie Network shows (I am a subscriber to these and used to be able to watch without issue).

Are the videos you're able to watch free videos, or "paid" videos part of the movie network package?

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

I'm able to watch Sportsnet and other channels I subscribe to via my normal cable. I don't subscribe to any movie channels so I can't confirm whether or not they work.
    CrackBerry User

Right now I've got Robocop 2 from the 'Free For Rogers Customers' playing. Earlier I played a show from TeleToon. Both worked without issue.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

It looks like any Free content will work, however, shows that you can access as part of your subscription to the movie network, hbo, etc (ex: Dexter, Shameless), result in a "Content License Error" in the video player.

It looks like Rogers has blocked this content on the PlayBook. It used to work in OS1, but ever since the beta OS 2 and now the official, this error is returned.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Wow! It must be licensed to only run on certain browsers? It would be interesting to try it with an oddball browser on the PC to see if you can get the same error.

Would this help by any chance?

http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager08.html
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 02-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyleheney View Post
    It looks like any Free content will work, however, shows that you can access as part of your subscription to the movie network, hbo, etc (ex: Dexter, Shameless), result in a "Content License Error" in the video player.

It looks like Rogers has blocked this content on the PlayBook. It used to work in OS1, but ever since the beta OS 2 and now the official, this error is returned.
    It is highly unlikely that they are intentionally blocking the content on your Playbook. What is more likely is they are using a new flash implementation and/or the Playbook is blocking the service from writing permissions to the devicef or protected content. Much like the issue with Amazon Instant Videos, the "blocking" is probably a side effect of RIM's security. Insecure though to may be, there are advantages to using an Adobe plugin over something baked into an OS....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds like the same problem people are having with Amazon Prime instant video.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I too have been unable to access any of my paid content on Rogers on Demand on my Playbook. However, I have no problem streaming the free content (including commercials!). The exact error message reads as :
    3321:10100
    Error occurred while requesting the content licence.

I've contacted Rogers numerous times over the past week and a half and they have been unable to help even point me in the right direction. I thought it was a problem on Rogers' end, but now that I see I am not alone, will contact Blackberry to see if there is anything they can do. I noticed this problem well before the software upgrade.
    Splashtop works alright in the meantime. Thanks for the tip, kyleheney!

Sounds like it's trying.to install an ActiveX or Firefox plugin for license monitoring. None will work. SimpleBrowser allows local file access, so flash could save if it.wanted to. The problem is how Rogers set it up. They've never been great at development (even if it is recycled from some other company).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kyleheney View Post
    I tried the Rogers On Demand website and am getting an error when I try to view videos. This was happening on OS2 Beta and still happening on official OS2.

Dolphin Browser's flash doesn't seem to be operational, so no go there.

SimpleBrowser gives the same error that the native browser gives.

Anyone find a solution? Thanks!!
    Not just playbook, I'm getting the same "error occured while requesting the content license" error on firefox on my macbook now. Watched 4+ movies on it with no issues just a couple weeks ago.

**edit** works fine on Safari though.
    CrackBerry User

Just noticed same problem today ... With TMN And HBO ... interesting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts

If firebox isn't working on macbook maybe try a browser for pb that allows you to choose chrome settings. Maybe it is a firebox problem and the website thinks the pb is firebox.. Maybe...
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------