After reading many posts in this forum, I am happy to come out of the shadows and be able to interact with the exciting CrackBerry community.

On this occasion I would like to introduce an app that I have recently developed, called Aetheremin. For those who do not know what a theremin is, it is an electronic instrument which replicates sine waves.

I hope you have fun playing with it and you can grab it for free at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...15452/?lang=en. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    yanicmb and tryfe like this.
    05-29-12 07:17 PM
    Checking this out now. Thanks!
    05-29-12 07:25 PM
    Hahaha my dog hates it! I like it though You can make r2d2 noises!
    Crowezine likes this.
    05-29-12 07:31 PM
    Thank you for the kind words. Don't torture your dog too much
    05-29-12 07:37 PM
    Man this is a fun app, thanks for this. I love it.
    05-29-12 08:51 PM
    I think it is a great app, good work.
    05-29-12 09:20 PM
    It would be really cool if you could add some animation to it, maybe in an update sometime
    05-29-12 09:37 PM
    luv it and im glad you made it free, awesome lil trickster app, cant wait to mess with people in my office tomorrow
    05-29-12 09:39 PM
    Just downloaded the app and tried it out on my 4 dogs. They don't like it much, but what's really funny is its really making the wife and kids mad. (There trying to watch the hatfields and Mc Coys) love it.
    Last edited by 240zron; 05-29-12 at 09:52 PM.
    05-29-12 09:50 PM
    Very cool. Like an above post, it would be pretty cool to have an animation to go with it. Maybe like a light trail that changes color as you move from highs to lows? Very cool. Thank you for the app.
    05-29-12 11:03 PM
    Pretty cool but needs up/down volume by going up/down on the screen with second finger.

Maybe choice of wave form would be cool too.
    raymond likes this.
    05-29-12 11:47 PM
    I'm glad you guys enjoy it. Currently working on volume control and drag effects.
    05-30-12 05:12 PM
    After reading many posts in this forum, I am happy to come out of the shadows and be able to interact with the exciting CrackBerry community.

On this occasion I would like to introduce an app that I have recently developed, called Aetheremin. For those who do not know what a theremin is, it is an electronic instrument which replicates sine waves.

I hope you have fun playing with it and you can grab it for free at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...15452/?lang=en. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks for the app. Love the idea. One problem, though. I get the startup screen, but can get no further no matter how I drag. I've restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled, with no joy. Suggestions? ~ecm
    05-30-12 07:13 PM
    Wife just gave me sh*t.

Thanks.

05-30-12 10:55 PM
    Nice!

The one thing that I want to see is some soft of bg graph that shows pitch and volume axis. It's kind of tricky at first since it just seems to squelch and go crazy.

I was under the assumption that lowest pitch and volume would be in lower left corner (thinking cartesian coordintaes) and highest volume and pitch would be in top right.

But then I find I can get most of the sounds in the middle, suggesting that it's more of a bullseye pattern kind of pitch and volume kind of idea. Am I wrong? Again some sort of background graphic explaining usage or ranges would be awesome.
    05-31-12 03:55 PM
    @ Elessar.cm: I don't really understand your problem, shoot me an email at help.pxlcoder at gmail.com and I'd be happy to help you resolve any problems

@mountainlab: It's not exactly a bulls-eye pattern, but I will provide an outline in the next version of the app.

It might take a while for me to release an update as exams are coming up, but I hope you continue to enjoy Aetheremin in it's current state. As of now, the update will feature a usage diagram, more volume control and some drag effects.
    05-31-12 06:47 PM
    great app. I saw Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria play this at a concert and was amazed at it. went home and searched all over for it and found what it was called.

He actually used it while playing guitar and used the neck of his guitar and his huge puffy hair to control it rather then his hands

EDIT: Video link below

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2RfHPR2hy8[/YT]

Theremin starts around 9 mins, but a GREAT overall video. this was epic when i saw it live
    Last edited by FSeverino; 05-31-12 at 11:42 PM.
    05-31-12 11:38 PM
    @ Elessar.cm: I don't really understand your problem, shoot me an email at help.pxlcoder at gmail.com and I'd be happy to help you resolve any problems

@mountainlab: It's not exactly a bulls-eye pattern, but I will provide an outline in the next version of the app.

It might take a while for me to release an update as exams are coming up, but I hope you continue to enjoy Aetheremin in it's current state. As of now, the update will feature a usage diagram, more volume control and some drag effects.
    PXL Coder: The problem seems to have resolved itself. No additional actions by me. ??? That's a really smart app. All good - I'm annoying my wife and kids at will! Thanks for the cool app. ~ecm
    06-01-12 08:22 PM
    Fantastic start. Plug your PB to a stereo system and make everyone go nuts!
    06-01-12 08:34 PM
    This annoys my household, it's great. Really loud!
    01-03-13 12:17 PM
    Glad to see this thread pop up.

Anytime GF's little grandson/granddaughter come to town, i MAKE SURE to have the PlayBook around just so they can annoy everyone with Aetheramin! and, of course, they have a lot of other fun too.
    01-03-13 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD