the paid version is on there if you search.... my app is purchased... very happy

hint... delete free version first, as you might find it difficult to differentiate them afterwards
    NovGab likes this.
    01-17-13 03:22 PM
    Really good app, the paid version just recieved an update, anyone knows whats new?
    01-23-13 06:42 AM
    You can follow the life of the application on facebook and there is an existing and frequently updated documentation.

1.0.6.10 fixed only some minor bugs. E.g.: zoom bar will not disappear during video recording.
    Important upgrades will receive minor version number. E.g.: next 1.0.7

Currently I'm working on motion activation for video mode and noise reduction for photo mode (when using camera at low light). I'm making progress on motion activation part of the software, so hopefully there will be an update on next week. Noise reduction has to wait a couple of week because BB is releasing BB10. I've heard that rumour they are upgrading Playbook with OS 10.0 too. Unfortunately my noise reduction library is a little bit slow for OS 2.1.0 but it is working really good on OS 10.0
    Cynycl and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-23-13 09:42 AM
    I just bought and downloaded the paid version; it looks like a great app.
    NovGab likes this.
    01-23-13 01:06 PM
    May I suggest you relocate the 2nd set of buttons so we don't have to change our grip on the PB to be able to reach all of them?
    So everything is thumb friendly or accessible?
    Attached Thumbnails Advanced Camera App-advanced_camera_ss.jpg  
    01-23-13 10:30 PM
    How did you do that?
    Oh, I've just realized this is a concept photo. Let me think about that.
    01-24-13 12:14 AM
    Nice app! I got the paid version this morning. I hope it sells well and you continue to develop.
    01-24-13 03:39 PM
    Loving the app, it has replaced the native camera for me, the fact that it can take pictures faster than the native camera is enough reason to buy this, you dont need to worry about moving the playbook when you take the photo like in the native camera where there is a noticeable delay between when you press the button to take the picture and when the picture is taken, which results often in blurry images.
    01-24-13 03:51 PM
    You can follow the life of the application on facebook and there is an existing and frequently updated documentation.

1.0.6.10 fixed only some minor bugs. E.g.: zoom bar will not disappear during video recording.
    Important upgrades will receive minor version number. E.g.: next 1.0.7

Currently I'm working on motion activation for video mode and noise reduction for photo mode (when using camera at low light). I'm making progress on motion activation part of the software, so hopefully there will be an update on next week. Noise reduction has to wait a couple of week because BB is releasing BB10. I've heard that rumour they are upgrading Playbook with OS 10.0 too. Unfortunately my noise reduction library is a little bit slow for OS 2.1.0 but it is working really good on OS 10.0
    I left a review in appworld asking for this! If you can get the motion part working would you be able to make the PlayBook screen stay off while recording? That would be great. I could set my PlayBook up to make sure the babysitter is not snooping lol. I can think of some other uses and think a paid upgrade to this feature would be very fair. Good luck and btw I just love this app!
    01-24-13 04:31 PM
    I can assure you I will continue developing this app. Thank you for supporting me.

@BB-Bmore: Motion activation is easy task but keeping camera in working state while screen stay off...currently it is not feasible. But nothing is impossible (or possimpible) so let me do some research.
    01-25-13 01:09 AM
    Yeah that was my concern, nevertheless the app already has many more capabilities than the stock camera and it's great that your working on bringing even more. Thanks! Would it be possible to video record with filters applied? That would be a nice feature as well.
    01-25-13 01:22 AM
    Playbook OS 2.1.0 is not supporting post processing of video frames before encoding, but they started to develop those functions. Definitely it would be a nice feature.
    01-25-13 02:48 AM
    Can the shutter sound be turned off with your app? I love the time delay idea, but don't want the Playbook clicking every few seconds.

Great app in any case!
    01-25-13 06:15 PM
    Can the shutter sound be turned off with your app? I love the time delay idea, but don't want the Playbook clicking every few seconds.

Great app in any case!
    01-25-13 06:35 PM

Great app in any case!
    There is a button on your PB that will turn off the shutter sound. It's called the Mute button.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-25-13 09:34 PM
    After coming across the application, may you consider the following suggestion. The trial version is limited in functionality, ads, and evaluation period. The application should be either restricted or with a fixed timeline but with complete functionality for satisfactory evaluation of the product. The rational is similar to when a potential customer goes to a car dealer and is interested in road testing their sports car to get a feel for its features and limits. If the dealer chooses to remove the turbo charger, leave only the first gear, and restrict you to driving around their parking lot, customers would not report a positive experience. The dealer lets you take it for a spin once or twice and expects some type of impression from kicking the tires. The dealer should not be expected to let the customer keep taking the sports car for another dozen or so road tests, so the customer should be prepared to buy it if they are satisfied. The trial application should be either restricted in capabilities which the customer accepts or it supports 100% capabilities for a limited period but not both. The latter would be preferable to avoid buyers remorse should they find something that does not meet their expectations.
    NovGab likes this.
    01-25-13 10:13 PM
    I, for one, disagree with the above post. I think that the demo version gives potential buyers a pretty good feel for the apps capabilities, and further modification of the demo is unnecessary. If you can't tell whether you want this app from the demo, then you don't want the app. Plus, I'd prefer that you spend your time updating the full version rather than tweaking the demo version.
    BB_Bmore and NovGab like this.
    01-26-13 12:58 AM
    After coming across the application, may you consider the following suggestion. The trial version is limited in functionality, ads, and evaluation period. The application should be either restricted or with a fixed timeline but with complete functionality for satisfactory evaluation of the product. The rational is similar to when a potential customer goes to a car dealer and is interested in road testing their sports car to get a feel for its features and limits. If the dealer chooses to remove the turbo charger, leave only the first gear, and restrict you to driving around their parking lot, customers would not report a positive experience. The dealer lets you take it for a spin once or twice and expects some type of impression from kicking the tires. The dealer should not be expected to let the customer keep taking the sports car for another dozen or so road tests, so the customer should be prepared to buy it if they are satisfied. The trial application should be either restricted in capabilities which the customer accepts or it supports 100% capabilities for a limited period but not both. The latter would be preferable to avoid buyers remorse should they find something that does not meet their expectations.
    So you are telling that I should add full functionality with trial period for the free version. You are absolutely right and I'm working on what should be the best for the free version...but with little luck. The problem is that the trial period can be unlocked due a Playbook bug, so I would give the full feature set for free. In this case I'm letting to download the same software both for free and for money. The human nature is that you won't pay if you can download it for free. I'm not having a hunger for money, just trying to compensate the development charges (electricity, internet, my free time, etc.). Currently I'm still below the development charges, but I really love programming so the support will continue. I could increase the price but I won't. This is the minimum amount of money what I can set in AppWorld.

The metaphor of car vendor is great but how many times you buy a car in your life? Maximum 3-4 times in an average human lifetime (sounds like a first world problem). And you are right when you are expecting to test the full feature set for that amount of money. But in the case of this application the price is equal to a Chinese piece of junk that people orders every day or every hour. And hopefully this software is a little bit better than that junk.

So currently I'm waiting for the denial of the trial version. It will be removed from the market and I'm facing with the consequences that will cause less download for the paid version and negative feedback.

I'm apologizing for the people who downloaded the free/trial version.
    Last edited by Gabor Novak; 01-26-13 at 01:47 AM.
    01-26-13 01:37 AM
    So you know some of us don't think you owe anyone an apology. Thank you again for building great apps for PlayBook.
    TrickyCase, meltbox360 and NovGab like this.
    01-26-13 02:19 AM

Great app in any case!
    Currently no, but I'm planning to add a settings menu where you can do many things like, changing media directory, toggle shutter sound for burst etc.
    01-26-13 04:45 AM
    So you know some of us don't think you owe anyone an apology. Thank you again for building great apps for PlayBook.
    +1
    01-26-13 08:08 AM
    Good news: time lapse video recording will be added in the next release (1.0.8) where you can customize the frame/sec. It will produce an mp4 file with 25fps playback.
    Bad news: several patch is still waiting in the Blackberry review queue for weeks (almost a month) and they do nothing.

Here are 2 time lapse video created with Advanced Camera 1.0.8 without post processing:

TheScionicMan likes this.
    02-22-13 03:08 AM
    Great news indeed! Looking forward to it. I guess all these crappy apps showing up in the new release section daily is the reason its so backed up.

Will there eventually be a motion sensor added or is that not doable at the moment? Thanks!
    02-22-13 12:15 PM
    Problem with the app:

I use the camera in aspect 16:9 and sometimes the button to take the picture doesn't respond, has anyone experienced this? I have also noticed that the app heats my playbook a lot, the app keeps running even when minimize and the app behaviour is set on paused.
    02-22-13 12:27 PM
    Experimental motion sensor is already added in 1.0.7 but that is still waiting in the review queue (for more than a month). But as I mentioned I can't control the standby time (camera will shut-down in standby mode) and the backlight off feature.

Take picture doesn't respond at all? Do you need to restart the application to get working again?
    Because there is a built in lock that is disabling shutter button until the picture is saved on disk.

I know that the app keeps running while minimized and it will be fixed asap. That heating problem I think it is a common playbook problem, isn't it?
    02-22-13 06:35 PM
212 1234 ...