I got this app off appworld and found it to have great potential. Even received one update. Tried to load it on another playbook and now can't find in appworld. What is with the apps disappearing from appworld? Rim worried about an app better than their own native camera? Kidnapped this Dev to develop for BB10? What gives ???

It's hard to find a decent new app in appworld the last several months especially one that is free.
    12-20-12 11:56 AM
    I have it too and sure enough its gone from appworld. It's very strange because the dev updated it about a week ago. I think we should email and see what's what. This isn't the only app that's disappeared lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Advanced Camera App-img_00000616.jpg   Advanced Camera App-img_00000619.jpg  
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 12-20-12 at 01:40 PM.
    12-20-12 01:18 PM
    Being a big fan of photo/camera apps - what features does Advance Camera include?
    12-20-12 01:26 PM
    Being a big fan of photo/camera apps - what features does Advance Camera include?
    features listed here:
    Attached Thumbnails Advanced Camera App-uploadfromtaptalk1356032646632.jpg  
    12-20-12 01:44 PM
    dev responded already with this: Hi Michael,
    Thank you for asking. Sorry to tell you but you have to wait a couple of weeks for next advanced camera release, because it is under review by Blackberry. I can tell you that there will be video recording (with zoom) in the upcoming version. I�m considering to release a paid version ($1) and free version with some limitations (advertisements, no HD recording, timer with maximum 3 seconds�). I hope it will be in the market in the first weeks of the new year.
    I wish happy holiday.
    Gabor Novak
    Cynycl and David in Durham like this.
    12-20-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks BB. I'll email him as well this evening to let him know what a great app he's got here.
    12-20-12 02:26 PM
    Finally I found the forum that you have talked about in the email It depends on Blackberry review when it will be released. Sooner is better. I noticed that they are reviewing my applications really slow in December. Spoiler: I'm also developing a video player that can play all of your video formats (avi, mp4, flv, mkv, ...), but I have only a little time for development now because of work I can also make a release of advaced camera for BB10, but I have no test hardware, so BB10 simulator is my only help.
    12-20-12 03:10 PM
    Welcome to to the forum Gabor. So glad you were not kidnapped

Can't wait to get ahold of your new apps. Very nice work. Sure looking forward to having a camera on the playbook that works better in low light.

I'm sure you could get a lot of help on BB10 here, there are some awfully knowlegeable folks kicking around .

Welcome aboard, it's always nice to have another quality developer around.
    12-20-12 03:19 PM
    Have you tried reaching out to @BlackBerryDev or @asaunders on twitter? They have been known to ship testing devices for devs that are serious about building for Blackberry. Never hurts to ask. You build good utility apps, something that is lacking right now. Looking forward to the updates and I hope you get the device you need to help you with your work.
    NovGab and bluenote like this.
    12-20-12 03:27 PM
    This is the link to it in App World. I installed yesterday.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.dmQ
    Last edited by GregD31; 12-21-12 at 10:53 AM.
    mfreedmn97 and mcront35 like this.
    12-20-12 04:14 PM
    I installed this originally but it would then not let me update it. Nice app. Let us know when it is back in app world.
    12-21-12 08:35 AM
    I have received two updates for this great app in the past couple of days but yet it is still missing from appworld so I can't put it on my other Playbooks. Appworld is very strange.
    12-31-12 10:05 AM
    $1 version is in the store: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...08274/?lang=en
    For free version you need to wait for Monday.

Yes, appworld is strange. I uploaded some update and working copy owners can upgrade. BB guys are telling me this is feature, not a bug.

Happy New Year.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-11-13 08:38 AM
    Been awaiting this release. Appworld won't let me rate it though. This a great app. Especially like the low light correction and look forward to future future updates.
    01-11-13 05:34 PM
    Hey, sorry to say that but there is a bug in the application and it keeps freezing the full camera module on Playbook. The problem is when you have different scene selected than Auto in photo mode and you are trying to switch back from video mode. The patch is ready and waiting for the approval. You can read more on the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/PlaybookAdvancedCamera).

Please drop an email if you have problems instead of leaving negative feedback. All bugs will be fixed. Thank you.
    world saviour likes this.
    01-14-13 06:49 AM
    Just purchased, I looked at the instruction manual from the link on the facebook page and it shows change log and installation instructions, but not what the different buttons on the screen do.
    01-14-13 07:07 AM
    I have just started writing the manual. It will be updated soon.
    djenkins6 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    01-14-13 07:25 AM
    Just purchased, I looked at the instruction manual from the link on the facebook page and it shows change log and installation instructions, but not what the different buttons on the screen do.
    I'll take a stab at this. The top pic is in video mode, the next three are in camera mode.

In video mode:
    Top left box- choose resolution, 720p or 480p
    Second left box- choose scene mode- Auto, Macro, Action, Low Light or Black and White
    Bottom left- choose between Camera and Video
    Center right- Start and stop recording
    Bottom Right- choose front or rear camera
    Bottom Center- zoom video

In Camera mode:
    Top left box- Picture timer- Choose between off, 2 seconds, 10 seconds, or custom time
    Second left box- Burst mode, choose infinite or custom burst (note: if you choose burst mode, another box will appear where you can select the time between shots)
    Third left box- choose scene mode- Auto, Macro, Action, Low Light or Black and White
    Bottom left- choose between Camera and Video
    Top right- choose aspect ratio- 4:3 or 16:9
    Second right- Anti shake, on or off
    Center right- take shot
    Bottom Right- choose front or rear camera
    Bottom Center- zoom

I also found one more (minor) bug- If you take a screenshot while in Video mode, you'll freeze the app (damn you djenkins6).
    Attached Thumbnails Advanced Camera App-1.jpg   Advanced Camera App-2.jpg   Advanced Camera App-3.jpg   Advanced Camera App-4.jpg  
    Last edited by pacoman03; 01-14-13 at 10:01 AM.
    NovGab likes this.
    01-14-13 08:19 AM
    Does it do Panoramic pictures?
    01-14-13 08:31 AM
    Does it do Panoramic pictures?
    no...........
    01-14-13 10:02 AM
    Then could it do it?
    That would be a sweet feature for the paid version.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-14-13 08:06 PM
    Gabor, it seems as if your app in not in app world currently- it was two days ago. Is an update coming?
    01-16-13 05:38 AM
    I have to wait for review every time I upload an update. The fixed release is ready and it is on the Blackberry guys when it will be available.

And yes, I temporally removed from appworld because people started to write really bad feedbacks and that is not so good for my reputation. Once the update (no freeze and no crash - hopefully) is approved then it will be in the market again.

Do not worry, the update is free Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    01-16-13 08:48 AM
    Up for sale.

Somehow Appworld has a slow synchronization between https and http site.
    Last edited by Gabor Novak; 01-17-13 at 11:28 AM.
    01-17-13 10:01 AM
    V1.0.6.5 just showed as an update.
    01-17-13 02:57 PM
212 123 ...