Can anyone help? I am wondering how to delete a PDF from the Playbook... I downloaded a few PDF files and am finding I cannot get rid of them...
    10-10-11 06:58 AM
    Connect the PlayBook to your computer and locate the file (it should be in documents) and just delete it from there. OR, you could use a File Browsing app like AIR Browser to locate the file and delete it...

All the best!
    dayoungdc likes this.
    10-10-11 07:04 AM
    I use the Files & Folders app, and delete from there.
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-10-11 08:07 AM
    Are you deleting them because the included PDF Reader is a pile of crap?
    FF22 and semicoln like this.
    10-11-11 02:02 AM
    included PDF Reader is a pile of ******
    Honestly, I use the Adobe Acrobat Reader more than any other app.
    If limitations are understood, and you make your own .pdf files to suit, then the reader works very well.

As far as using the file managers (like File Browser and AIR Browser) to make directories and move & rename pdf file, they are very efficient.

The Adobe reader makes the PB worthwhile. (ssbtech, I am sorry you feel otherwise.)
    10-12-11 07:42 PM
    Get AIR Browser from App World and navigate to the Downloads folder. It's a real pain that you can't directly open a PDF from the web without saving it to your device, hopefully (though I'm not holding my breath) that'll be addressed with OS 2.0, or perhaps the NDK will give developers access to the browser to build plug-ins that change browser behaviour.
    10-12-11 09:57 PM
    I just purchased a Playbook and I'm trying to learn how to use it. Notwithstanding that numerous posts claim that my Playbook was to have come with Reader installed I sure can't see it anywhere. Am I missing something?

I was going to try to read a pdf using Nook but it seems to be dead in the water for now.
    11-10-11 04:31 PM
    Adobe Read is a big RED icon with the Abobe symbol in white (kind of an infinity symbol but with three loops and not just two). I believe you can also find it in Appworld if it is missing.
    ldw98 likes this.
    11-10-11 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD